Register Now
Patrik

Bad Remade/Remastered games

Remaking a game isn't always going to satisfy the players.

1- Mafia 1 Remake : Lot of modifications that make you feel that you aren't playing the original game with its own unique vibe at all, i'm not saying it's bad, i'm saying that it shouldn't be called a Mafia 1 Remake at all but something else.

2- GTA San Andreas : this one is pretty complicated, they kind of modified the Xbox port and released it for mobile then in Windows store later, Xbox port was fine, but the ported games weren't, glowy bad textures, peds and cars, lot of bugs ( speedrunners managed to save 3 hours in their speedruns thanks to a bug in this version lol)

3- Resident Evil 4 HD Edition : the only issue (but the most annoying one) in this, is that when your PC isn't completely capable of running it at 60 FPS, it will play the game in slow motion instead lol, there is a patch for that, but it adds more bugs....

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. I posted about this in detail for a "Shagger Says" style review, but the TL;DR is the game runs like ass on PC because the original game engine was not updated to load the larger, higher res' textures and by playing console I found the game has way more graphical glitches that I remember the original having. All that for a game that looks almost no better than it did on a PS3 or Xbox 360. It's a great game, just a shame the remaster has been botched the way it has. 

That's a good question. I think the one that comes to mind is the Silent Hill HD collection that came out for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The game was a mess at release, and due to the HD graphics, it made the game look worse. The PS3 version was patched and fixed, but the 360 version never got that treatment. The issues came from the fog kind of being removed, so you could see things too clearly, which made the graphics look bad. I wanted to get the 360 version, but due to it never being patched, I will stick with the originals for now. 

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

Remaking a game isn't always going to satisfy the players.

1- Mafia 1 Remake : Lot of modifications that make you feel that you aren't playing the original game with its own unique vibe at all, i'm not saying it's bad, i'm saying that it shouldn't be called a Mafia 1 Remake at all but something else.

2- GTA San Andreas : this one is pretty complicated, they kind of modified the Xbox port and released it for mobile then in Windows store later, Xbox port was fine, but the ported games weren't, glowy bad textures, peds and cars, lot of bugs ( speedrunners managed to save 3 hours in their speedruns thanks to a bug in this version lol)

3- Resident Evil 4 HD Edition : the only issue (but the most annoying one) in this, is that when your PC isn't completely capable of running it at 60 FPS, it will play the game in slow motion instead lol, there is a patch for that, but it adds more bugs....

1. What's the issues you had with the Mafia 1 remake? By today's standards, the game has not aged well, with the poor driving mechanics and overall gameplay. Now, I haven't played the remake yet, but I hear it uses the shooting mechanics of 2 and 3, is that correct? I would argue the second Mafia remake was worse according to fans of the game. But, I've yet to play either of them so I can't agree or disagree. 

2. I noticed a few bugs here and there, but nothing that stopped me from enjoying the game. For the most part the game looked pretty good. 

8 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

1. What's the issues you had with the Mafia 1 remake? By today's standards, the game has not aged well, with the poor driving mechanics and overall gameplay. Now, I haven't played the remake yet, but I hear it uses the shooting mechanics of 2 and 3, is that correct? I would argue the second Mafia remake was worse according to fans of the game. But, I've yet to play either of them so I can't agree or disagree. 

it's based on the engine of Mafia 3, got no issues with that at all, the issue is that they modified lot of storyline events, characters faces, characters voices, lot of missions, interiors and much more, which makes it not even close to the original game at all

Mass Effect Remake and it hasn't even been released yet! I know EA and Bioware are going to screw this up pretty bad so I just thought that I should include it from now lol. Speaking of, did you guys know that EA ended Anthem earlier this month? Yeah me neither, I just saw the article today...

28 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Mass Effect Remake and it hasn't even been released yet! I know EA and Bioware are going to screw this up pretty bad so I just thought that I should include it from now lol. Speaking of, did you guys know that EA ended Anthem earlier this month? Yeah me neither, I just saw the article today...

Knowing their track record, you're probably right. I can't imagine it being tough to remaster. I remember hearing they changed some things about the original game too, already breaking it lol. As for Anthem, surprised it wasn't sooner. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

Knowing their track record, you're probably right. I can't imagine it being tough to remaster. I remember hearing they changed some things about the original game too, already breaking it lol. As for Anthem, surprised it wasn't sooner. 

And they'll probably price it at $60 - $70 without adding anything to the content. NFS is the only series from EA I still somewhat enjoy - the rest have gone down the drain.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:17 PM, skyfire said:

I remember sonic mania was remade but not sure how was the performance of the game in the market. As in data specifically how it performed in terms of revenue and the people liking it. 

I actually heard about this game sonic mania remake but never really got to play in order to know if they disappointed.