Register Now
Kane99

Video games that were ahead of their time graphically

When looking back at older consoles, from the PS1/N64/Dreamcast days to the Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube. And I guess you can put in some from the PS3/360/Wii/Wii U era.

Anyway, what are some of the games from those past generations that looked good graphically back then, but also look good today? I see games like Silent Hill 2 aging well, because the graphics still look good to this day, especially with the lighting in game. It just surprises me looking at the graphics today. 

I could also go back some gens, like the SNES with Super Mario World for example, but I think most 2D games from the past look good to this day. 

Basically, what games from the past, that looked good then, still look good today? 

I would say that Cyberpunk 2077 is the game to be added to the list, even it's just a new failed released game. No Man's Sky. We're just getting around to certain expectations for open world games, but NMS is a huge open universe. It's a beautiful game but something about it feels empty right now.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

I would say that Cyberpunk 2077 is the game to be added to the list, even it's just a new failed released game. No Man's Sky. We're just getting around to certain expectations for open world games, but NMS is a huge open universe. It's a beautiful game but something about it feels empty right now.

In terms of the world yeah, but their character models aren't the greatest. I just find if funny that they reuse the adult models in game and shrink them down to make the kids in the game lol. But it is a pretty game, but Idk if it qualifies as "ahead of its time" considering I've seen prettier games out there.