Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

The Last of Us HBO TV Series

Just some visual representation, here are Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey;

pedro-pascal-toni-anne-barson-bella-ramsey-dave-j-hogan-getty-images-696x442.jpg.e6748c0690ef43f7b3438e9678b66b11.jpg

Overall, I'm fairly happy with this choice. Assuming this is based on the first game, I may have chosen someone a little bit younger to play Ellie (Bella is 17, whereas Ellie was 14 in that game), but that's a nitpick and what's more important is that they've found two very capable actors. This is looking promising.

Edited by Shagger

They're going to ruin it with their political correctedness - trust me, they're going to take out most of the violence and bore the crap out of us. If this was 10-20 years ago, then I'd say it could be a great movie but they'll ruin it.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They're going to ruin it with their political correctedness - trust me, they're going to take out most of the violence and bore the crap out of us. If this was 10-20 years ago, then I'd say it could be a great movie but they'll ruin it.

Firstly, it's a TV show, not a movie. Secondly, if there is one thing American TV doesn't shy away from, it's violence. And then, we're talking about The Last of Us, a game series that is progressive on it own without a TV adaptation, so why would political correctness suddenly be a huge issue? I'm having a hard time understanding whare that mini-rant of yours came from.

I'm rather looking forward to this, if only because I think The Last of Us, amongst other Sony properties, are better suited to a medium other than video games. I don't have strong feelings toward the casting choices, and honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was a completely original tale in the TLoU setting rather than based on Joel and Ellie.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure what the original game, its DLC or sequel had that could be removed on the grounds of political correctness. The violence is inherent to the setting, and the second game featured more "politically correct" (I'd say inclusive; tomato-tomato) elements with its characters, so it's already safe to say there will be some if Left Behind and the sequel are included.

If there's one production company who won't tone down a project with political correctness, it's HBO. See the horrors depicted in Band of Brothers and The Pacific; as far as I'm aware HBO's higher-ups don't get that involved with the creative process. We can point to Game of Thrones, but that's more the fault of the showrunners running out of source material than corporate meddling.