Register Now
killamch89

PS5 Scalpers try to play the victim and claim they don't deserve the bad press

Why am not surprised that these bunch of scammers won't take accountability for their actions. I'm not surprised one bit - I hope they can't sell anymore PS5 so they end up in debt. I hope the laws that the UK are putting in place to handle scalping will become a widespread thing. Just the other day, I saw an article about a pair of Jordans on eBay going for $1m - these people are disgusting.

Oooh the poor scalpers, please leave those poor scalpers alone. They've done no wrong. 😭

But in all seriousness, I hate scalpers. I just find it funny they claim they're trying to be the middleman to help people get these items, yet they're charging hundreds more, double, or even triple of what it's worth. 

I hope it is something that can be fined in the future, because I think it needs to happen. 

17 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Oooh the poor scalpers, please leave those poor scalpers alone. They've done no wrong. 😭

But in all seriousness, I hate scalpers. I just find it funny they claim they're trying to be the middleman to help people get these items, yet they're charging hundreds more, double, or even triple of what it's worth. 

I hope it is something that can be fined in the future, because I think it needs to happen. 

The UK government is already taking steps to combat this (this is a rare occurrence) and I hope other nations follow suit so that we can stamp out this immoral and disgusting practice.

For their own sake, scalpers need to stop talking to the press and boasting on social media. Most conmen and crooks at least have enough common sense to take the ill gotten cash and keep quiet. We all know, and they all know, exactly what they're doing and why it's wrong, so that they would try to justify themselves is simply amazing. It actually goes beyond belief. For somebody to be that arrogant and successful, yet so delusional and stupid, I'm almost impressed.

Edited by Shagger

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

For their own sake, scalpers need to stop talking to the press and boasting on social media. Most conmen and crooks at least have enough common sense to take the ill gotten cash and keep quiet. We all know, and they all know, exactly what they're doing and why it's wrong, so that they would try to justify themselves is simply amazing. It actually goes beyond belief. For somebody to be that arrogant and successful, yet so delusional and stupid, I'm almost impressed.

I think they're starting to come out of the woodworks, because they're being threatened. All of these companies are starting to implement new rules and systems to stop scalpers, so I think they're starting to realize their ways are numbered and soon enough, they're not going to be able to do this as much anymore. Especially with countries now enacting laws and fines for people who actively do this. I think that's why they're throwing a fit now, because they're going to lose their business. And rightfully so. 😄 

Otherwise, I can see them hiding in their holes collecting as much cash as they can get. 

21 hours ago, Shagger said:

I wholeheartedly agree - this reminds of those criminals that brag about their crimes on social media and when they get caught, they blame someone else for snitching on them.

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think they're starting to come out of the woodworks, because they're being threatened. All of these companies are starting to implement new rules and systems to stop scalpers, so I think they're starting to realize their ways are numbered and soon enough, they're not going to be able to do this as much anymore. Especially with countries now enacting laws and fines for people who actively do this. I think that's why they're throwing a fit now, because they're going to lose their business. And rightfully so. 😄 

Otherwise, I can see them hiding in their holes collecting as much cash as they can get. 

Some of them might have even received death threats so that's part of why I think their tone has changed a bit.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:47 PM, killamch89 said:

The UK government is already taking steps to combat this (this is a rare occurrence) and I hope other nations follow suit so that we can stamp out this immoral and disgusting practice.

Yeah I heard about that. I'm glad someone is stepping up to take action. I hear the sites selling the consoles are working on ways of stopping it, and I think the US is starting to take notice as well. But, who knows how long the US will take to do something. 

On 2/17/2021 at 8:02 PM, killamch89 said:

Some of them might have even received death threats so that's part of why I think their tone has changed a bit.

Oh I believe it. When you get into a business like that, you're bound to get some death threats. Especially now when they're getting so ballsy as to come out and complain about how 'they're' treated. I don't think they deserve death threats, but they should realize this is going to happen when you take away so many peoples chances of getting that hot new toy. 

5 hours ago, Empire said:

I don't know, they buy a ton of stuff many people want, they sell it for a higher price which is scummy, and they expect the world to be okay with this? These Scalps asked for the hate the moment they decided to do this.

That's the thing though, they know exactly what they're doing and they don't care. It's just now that they're starting to hurt because business aint booming like it used to, they have to come out and complain that they do nothing wrong. Yet, they don't realize doing this makes them look like complete buffoons, because they know their business is done for soon enough. 

On 2/21/2021 at 11:59 AM, Kane99 said:

That's the thing though, they know exactly what they're doing and they don't care. It's just now that they're starting to hurt because business aint booming like it used to, they have to come out and complain that they do nothing wrong. Yet, they don't realize doing this makes them look like complete buffoons, because they know their business is done for soon enough. 

It's the idiocy to brag on social media and then expect some kind of sympathy that really gets me. When retailers start really cracking down on them they'll be in for a rude awakening.

I was looking at facebook marketplace today, and I saw a guy mention via comment that he had recently sold 10 Xbox Series S consoles. Just makes you wonder how much they're over-charging for these consoles. I wanted to comment so bad, but I left it as I didn't want to start anything. 

But yeah, makes me sick that people think it's acceptable to do scalping like this. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I was looking at facebook marketplace today, and I saw a guy mention via comment that he had recently sold 10 Xbox Series S consoles. Just makes you wonder how much they're over-charging for these consoles. I wanted to comment so bad, but I left it as I didn't want to start anything. 

But yeah, makes me sick that people think it's acceptable to do scalping like this. 

As @Shagger said in another thread, it's like those idiotic criminals who are online posting their crimes and then when the authorities catch them, they said someone ratted them out when it's clear as day that they set themselves up. Why do you need to be on Social Media bragging?

There was some idiot who broke into a house, and was stupid enough to post about it on his Facebook while in the house. The real kicker was that HE DIDN'T FUCKING LOG OUT.

I have to stop asking how stupid can a person be. People are starting to take it as a challenge.