Jump to content
Register Now
Kane99

You can sign up to Amazon Luna beta access right now

Recommended Posts

If you guys aren't aware, Amazon has their own game streaming service similar to Google Stadia and others. Right now they're accepting invites to their beta. I got into it, and so did a few friends of mine, and we each got in there pretty fast. 

You can sign up here - https://www.amazon.com/luna/landing-page

I haven't accepted access just yet. I hear they charge you $6 after you sign up. Because they put you on their trial period. 

You also don't need to buy their controller, as any bluetooth controller or Xbox controller will do. But I am tempted to buy that controller, it's sexy! 🙂 

Edited by Kane99
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, skyfire said:

Shows me pending notice. I guess I have to wait. Maybe some lucky ones have got in. Think of Luna as alternative to the stadia only difference is amazon is generous compared to google. 

They're also more realistic in their approach because they know that Xbox and Sony game pass streaming services will have more fanfare so they're being a bit more relaxed in their approach. I always knew the Google Stadia was going to be a massive flop and we all knew Google could never deliver most of what they promised. As a matter of fact, they hardly delivered anything of note.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2021 at 9:55 PM, killamch89 said:

What games do they have available? Also, how is their service any better than the Google Stadia and I use the Stadia as the barely passable standard.

Not much at the moment, but once you sign up, you're given access to all the games they have to play. But, I believe it reverts to a monthly fee once you are officially signed up. As for if it's better, I can't say, I haven't tried either yet. I still need accept my early access request yet. Don't feel like doing it in case my ISP caps me if I play too much, so I've been paranoid about that. 

On 2/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, skyfire said:

Shows me pending notice. I guess I have to wait. Maybe some lucky ones have got in. Think of Luna as alternative to the stadia only difference is amazon is generous compared to google. 

Yeah it may take a bit. Some people aren't accepted. I think if you have a history on Amazon, they will accept you a lot faster, but I could be wrong on that. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 5:45 PM, Kane99 said:

Not much at the moment, but once you sign up, you're given access to all the games they have to play. But, I believe it reverts to a monthly fee once you are officially signed up. As for if it's better, I can't say, I haven't tried either yet. I still need accept my early access request yet. Don't feel like doing it in case my ISP caps me if I play too much, so I've been paranoid about that. 

I think I'll stick to the Xbox gamepass for now but I'll keep an eye out to see how this turns out. I just hope they don't go down the same road as Google and promise many things but hardly delivering on any.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems that it's not ready for my location as of yet and on the plus side that I seen games from amazon on the steam store. I mean there is not games they I want anyway to play LOL - amazon making money hype. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 7:36 AM, Empire said:

Seems that it's not ready for my location as of yet and on the plus side that I seen games from amazon on the steam store. I mean there is not games they I want anyway to play LOL - amazon making money hype. 

Same issue here but I didn't quite care as I still have so many other stores to get my games so I'm not really bothered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2021 at 11:41 AM, skyfire said:

I think the amazon Luna if acquires better titles and the streamers then they are going to take off real soon and that would be something interesting to see in comparison wtih the stadia. 

As long as they don't make any outlandish promises and deliver on most of what they promise, they'll easily do better than the Google Stadia. To top it all off, if their prices are a bit more reasonable, that'll sink the Stadia platform even further.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...