Register Now
Alexander.

Playing video games in school or college

Back in middle and high school, I would play on a few flash game sites during class. Some of us got away with it, while others did not. Most kids didn't have mobile phones yet, and when they did, they were flip phones. We were actually banned from having our phones on us, we had to keep them in our lockers. But, I didn't have a phone when I was a kid, so I never had to deal with that. 

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

I was playing on my phone lot of times back when the class didn't seem to be interesting at all, luckily i didn't get caught as i was choosing a strategical spot to sit in 😛

I have done this a handful of times. I remember doing it once when I was caught by a teacher. It's trying to hide the device underneath the desk, while ensuring the tutor doesn't notice you. 

17 hours ago, Alexander. said:

I have done this a handful of times. I remember doing it once when I was caught by a teacher. It's trying to hide the device underneath the desk, while ensuring the tutor doesn't notice you. 

It's quite hilarious to hear your gaming experience back then, during your high school. Same happened to me, i play a lot of games hiding under the desk so that my teacher don't discover I'm playing games.

Also, I forgot to mention, that I remember bringing some PS2 games to play in school. It was during a in school celebration, where we didn't have any school. We just hung out, played games, watched movies, etc. I stuck around in one room gaming on a PS2. I destroyed everyone in WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain! 😄 Was a fun time! 

Yes, Back in my high school years at lunch time (get 40mins) We did gaming on the school PCs. Can be anything that we able to run off from our USB sticks. No VPN was needed 🙂  Then when at collage we did gaming in class and while in class 😛 we get in class at 9am and leave at 5pm and we able to get the time to do gaming with people. 🙂

One time, I spent 5 hours gaming on my gaming Laptop that I had taken to collage 🙂 

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

A lot of games are now detecting the VPN and the different IP for each account and they are going to be banning such accounts. Riot games especially started doing this already. 

What are you talking about? I don't understand how this fits the subject at all. 😕

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Yes, Back in my high school years at lunch time (get 40mins) We did gaming on the school PCs. Can be anything that we able to run off from our USB sticks. No VPN was needed 🙂  Then when at collage we did gaming in class and while in class 😛 we get in class at 9am and leave at 5pm and we able to get the time to do gaming with people. 🙂

One time, I spent 5 hours gaming on my gaming Laptop that I had taken to collage 🙂 

Oh yeah, lunch time for me I would sometimes go to the computer lab and play a game real quick. We didn't get that much time though, but it was enough. I mostly played in the gym during my lunch time though. 

I doubt you would even be able to use a VPN on a school computer anyway. For my school, those types of sites would have been blocked.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh yeah, lunch time for me I would sometimes go to the computer lab and play a game real quick. We didn't get that much time though, but it was enough. I mostly played in the gym during my lunch time though. 

Seems that most high school allows it, rather then having them to go outside, just that we all get right on the PC as fast as we can before it's all taken. We all do not eat. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I doubt you would even be able to use a VPN on a school computer anyway. For my school, those types of sites would have been blocked.

Yeah, it's blocked, Only time that I was able to have more control when I and another classmate had permissions to set up an own network, we had three to four old PCs laying the class and we built them up to able to play simple games, we had so much gear to play around with, old network servers too. In that room there was a large server room that controls all six classes on the floor and teachers rooms, we tab into the teacher's network and linked too our build server and BANG! we had no blocks, able to enter websites that are not blocked. Able to do far more things. 

On 2/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, Kane99 said:

Also, I forgot to mention, that I remember bringing some PS2 games to play in school. It was during a in school celebration, where we didn't have any school. We just hung out, played games, watched movies, etc. I stuck around in one room gaming on a PS2. I destroyed everyone in WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain! 😄 Was a fun time! 

I did the same in high school, we had a demonstration TV in our classroom and I snuck my PS2 in and we hooked it up and I wrecked everyone at Need For Speed Underground and Underground. We had one person watch the corridor so when a teacher was coming we'd pack up and go back to "studying like good students".

On 2/21/2021 at 10:16 PM, Kane99 said:

What are you talking about? I don't understand how this fits the subject at all.

Schools don't allow the certain IPs and the games to run on it's wifi. So students use VPN. And if games detect the VPN they kind of ban the students who play it. So that is how it related to the topic. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Schools don't allow the certain IPs and the games to run on it's wifi. So students use VPN. And if games detect the VPN they kind of ban the students who play it. So that is how it related to the topic. 

I don't think a VPN would get you access though. Because if your school is on a private network for example, a site will stay blocked no matter what IP you use. You'll still be on the schools network/wifi, and any sites blocked via that network will still be blocked. For sites like Netflix it works, because it's not connected within your own network. Changing your IP makes it look like you're in a different area. 

Unless your school's internet service is different. But I'm pretty sure a VPN won't get you access to blocked sites on a network. Unless I'm wrong, if so, please do correct me. 

I remember playing Halo in high school with everyone on the network computer in a LAN status.

As far as college, I don’t think anyone cared since I would play a few games here and there and I’d check and see others playing League/Dota/WoW in class too.