Register Now
Alexander.

How do gamers deal with backpain?

I've never really dealt with any back problems from gaming. If anything, my butt hurts more from sitting down too long than my back ever does. Then again, my couch is in rough shape and my current computer chair is a literal pain the ass if I sit there too long. 

But yeah, as long as you have good posture when you game, you should be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I find the best way to deal with it is to get up and walk once in a while.  A chair with lumber support helps to.

Going out for a walk for 30 minutes is what health professionals recommend. I try to fit in atleast 30 minutes a day, whether that's walking to the shops and back, or going for a bike ride. It is weather dependent though. 

A blessing in disguise, ADHD has me get up frequently because my attention span isn't very long and I potter about the house if I've nothing urgent to address. So I walk around whether I'm particularly conscious of it or not. I also try to get as much exercise as I can, but living in an urban environment that's quite busy even in pandemic time makes things more difficult than the rural areas I've lived in previously.

I try to use painkillers as little as possible for fear of building a tolerance, however minor the risk. So long as there's organic alternatives to treat it, I'll use those first and foremost. Still, prevention is better than the cure where possible. ^^

Comfortable and back support chair here 🙂 and even after seven hours of gaming and streaming last night I still had to take a break in between, Had no backpain but rather then my right leg feeling warm and hot feeling going up that feels burning pains. drinking plenty of fluids, yes but I'm shocking. I might have one cup and that's it for a full day. 

Yoga, exercise, walk and also taking break after every 40 minutes is the way to go. There is no other way out of it. If you cross 30s, then yes take more breaks and work in small batches. Gaming more than 2 hour straight after 30s would kill you slowly like smoking and alcohol consumption. You may notice this early or maybe in 45 or so but burnout will happen. 

Getting a better gaming chair, or using those massaging chairs help out a TON! Otherwise if it’s that bad going to a massage therapy place and getting a massage as it can legit make you feel like a brand new person 

Being stuck in a wheelchair due to advanced muscular dystrophy, I have no choice but to sit all day and just deal with it. I'm on some high level pain killers and have a medical marijuana card for the pain as well as anxiety. That stuff helps, but it unfortunately isn't a cure. I keep bottles of acetaminophen handy everywhere in the house. I usually have to take 4 of them which totals to 2000mg to deal with the pain when it hits. any less and I might as well not even bother. Caffeine helps, as it has a reverse effect on me. It relaxes me instead of charges me up.

The only real reason I get out of bed anymore is because laying down is excruciating once I have spent a few hours in a horizontal position. My wheelchair isn't exactly the most comfortable chair on earth, but I don't have any choice or options in the matter.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

Being stuck in a wheelchair due to advanced muscular dystrophy, I have no choice but to sit all day and just deal with it. I'm on some high level pain killers and have a medical marijuana card for the pain as well as anxiety. That stuff helps, but it unfortunately isn't a cure. I keep bottles of acetaminophen handy everywhere in the house. I usually have to take 4 of them which totals to 2000mg to deal with the pain when it hits. any less and I might as well not even bother. Caffeine helps, as it has a reverse effect on me. It relaxes me instead of charges me up.

The only real reason I get out of bed anymore is because laying down is excruciating once I have spent a few hours in a horizontal position. My wheelchair isn't exactly the most comfortable chair on earth, but I don't have any choice or options in the matter.

Are you able to get massages? Or at least seats that can massage a part of your body?