Register Now
Alexander.

Video games with fast beginnings

Cyberpunk 2077. It certainly lacks any buildup, and 90% of establishing your character and their relations are done in a 20 second mashup video. They should've let you play the events of that 20 seconds in at least 2-3 hours of introductory gameplay. Instead of the extremely lame tutorial.

Allow me, if you will, to harp on Dark Souls once more. The first game gives you a full breakdown of the controls as you navigate the Undead Asylum before you're able to beat the Asylum Demon. Your first encounter with the demon will kill you if you try, but only on the second encounter where you perform a falling thrust attack upon them do you realise how killable the creature is. It's then, with newfound vigour, you fight the monster while teaching you not to be cocky with your own health.

In Dark Souls 3, the tutorial is similar: kill basic mobs and fight a boss that tries to pull the wool over your eyes, but is deceptively easy when you know how. No muss, no fuss, just get it done.

These games have ponderous cutscenes that leave you in the dark the first time you play them, but waste no time past this point at laying down the law.

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2 pretty much throws you in the water without a life jacket. The game starts and for the most part, you’re left to figure out how shit works on your own. The controls are a bitch to learn, and if you don’t have some form of help, it’s gonna take a long time to get it all down.

It does take a while to get a hang of it - When I first started playing it, I was trying to play it like GTA in the Wild West but I quickly learned it was a far different game. It also has a lot more depth in terms of features compared to GTA V.

Seems like i never experienced a game like that to be honest, every game i played seems to be having events increasing of interest slowly till the game blows up at the end, and i love getting shocked by the end!

On 2/28/2021 at 2:28 AM, killamch89 said:

Need For Speed games typical start off very action-packed and then every thing kind of calms down afterwards but the intros are always hectic.

Haha, don't all racing games start off too fast? It's all about the speed, so it's a very obvious answer.