Register Now
Kane99

Elden Ring

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Whyy!!! I dont get that, why the fuck cant we not pause the game, those online features should be optional, specially on a game as big as elden ring. What if I have to take a leak or answer a phone call during a boss fight ?? I have been in that situation many times when playing souls games, I once had to evade roll for 20 minutes when playing against a boss in mortal shell because I was on a call

I agree, It's stupid in any offline game but in an open world game it's even worse.  Even online games like MMO's have "mark as safe" features in case you need to answer the phone or take a shit!

4 hours ago, Techno said:

Because FromSoftware are heartless little monsters, who care so little about people's need to pee, and people's need to pause so they can answer the phone. If they were a warfare company they'd put chemicals in the missiles. 

I feel you, but it's not entirely From Software's fault.  Their, or more specifically, the "Souls" games have the most elitist fanbase in history.  It's (at least partly) this is exactly what their fans tell them they want.

They are so obsessed with the "challenge" aspect that anything that runs the risk of allowing anyone that's not "hardcore" being able to even play let alone beat these games are forcefully rejected.  This includes difficulty modes, accessibility features and even basic quality of life features.

If you disagree even slightly with this mentality or any of these ideas your just just told to "git gud" and are accused of hating on these games purely because you suck at them.  It's pathetic.

Came out today and is getting rave reviews. This could very well be a game of the year contender for 2022. They are saying it's the best Souls like game yet. Also, it's supposed to be the most accessible Souls style game on the market, so maybe it'll be my time to shine and do good in these type of games lol. 

17 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

You got me at 'no pause' so I'll pass. I play to enjoy, not for an assignment. For any future game that wants to leave out the pause, I won't buy it. 
---

Whyy!!! I dont get that, why the fuck cant we not pause the game, those online features should be optional, specially on a game as big as elden ring. What if I have to take a leak or answer a phone call during a boss fight ?? I have been in that situation many times when playing souls games, I once had to evade roll for 20 minutes when playing against a boss in mortal shell because I was on a call

You can't pause the game. That is utterly ridiculous. What if you need to go to do something are you not suppose to do it? 
That is bullshit.
I agree on playing games to enjoy them not an assignment.  
Sad really Elden Ring looked great. I'm not paying of for a game where I can't pause. 

1 hour ago, Altair said:

You can't pause the game. That is utterly ridiculous. What if you need to go to do something are you not suppose to do it? 
That is bullshit.
I agree on playing games to enjoy them not an assignment.  
Sad really Elden Ring looked great. I'm not paying of for a game where I can't pause. 

Its been like that on almost all souls games, its something stupid if you ask me, the reason is because of the online features were other players can access your current game and attack you or you can even ask for help, in my opinion that you should be optional. I dont mind a difficult game but this doesnt make the game more difficult , simply just annoying. I will still get the game eventually but I will wait for a sale or something.

Elden Ring was awarded the most anticipated game, however, after the release of the game, players are saying that this is one of the most difficult games. They are comparing this game to Soul series, which was also called the most difficult game.

1 minute ago, egghead said:

Elden Ring was awarded the most anticipated game, however, after the release of the game, players are saying that this is one of the most difficult games. They are comparing this game to Soul series, which was also called the most difficult game.

Well it is from the Souls series thats why its so hard xD the same director who made Dark souls also made Elden ring, but its not as hard as other games in the same series

2 minutes ago, egghead said:

Their is nowhere you can satisfy gamers in any way. Gamers don't get satisfied 100% no matter what. Even the thrilling Elden ring is tagged difficult, I understand it is like that, but we must not expect easy game. 

It's almost like Dark Souls & Bloodborne have inspired a couple stories I'm currently trying to write so I just want to thank Hidetaka Miyazaki for creating these brilliant games & I hope you can keep on creating amazing stories for us to play & enjoy😁