Register Now
Kane99

A video game based on the show Black Mirror

I would love to see a video game based around Black Mirror created. And before anyone says there already is one, that is not based on the Black Mirror show. There is a video game called The Black Mirror, but it's not about the show. 

Anyway, I'm sure some of you saw Black Mirror Bandersnatch, which was kind of like a video game itself, but not in the traditional sense.  

I feel a video game in this world would work really well, especially with how crazy the show could get. What do you guys think?

Charlie Brooker's really into video games, so I'm sure if someone pitched the idea of a game to him with Black Mirror branding he'd be able to lend a lot of creative direction to it. I'm sure the thought has crossed his mind, and perhaps Bandersnatch was a 'backdoor pitch' for such a game?

3 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Charlie Brooker's really into video games, so I'm sure if someone pitched the idea of a game to him with Black Mirror branding he'd be able to lend a lot of creative direction to it. I'm sure the thought has crossed his mind, and perhaps Bandersnatch was a 'backdoor pitch' for such a game?

Yeah I heard that too. I especially believe it after Bandersnatch. And who knows, it could have been a pitch for a game, or maybe even a hint that one could be coming. And I could see him providing a lot to a video game world. 

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I loved that show, there was recently another show on netflix with similar story type approach. And they too have made an impression I wonder if some of such TV series make games too that would surely add in creepy factor and create new genre. 

It was a great show. Are you referring to another season of Black Mirror, or a show that is similar to Black Mirror? 

On 2/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, Withywarlock said:

If anyone can really make The Black Mirror happen, it's definitely going to be Charlie Brooker. I think if the right pressure points are pushed, it's definitely going to happen. 

Bioshock, a dark sci-fi story with a mind-bending twist, has more in common with Black Mirror than Life is Strange, a time travel story about friendship and serial killers, or Tales From the Borderlands, a comedy story about a businessman on an alien planet.

The other games you mentioned aren't even sci-fi, just story driven adventure games. What does Black Mirror have to do with Until Dawn or The Wolf Among Us? They have twists? So does everything nowadays.

On 2/22/2021 at 8:32 PM, Kane99 said:

Black Mirror Bandersnatch, which was kind of like a video game itself, but not in the traditional sense.  

Black Mirror Bandersnatch was awesome in every sense for me with the young programmer's dabble with reality.