Register Now
supertombraider

Looking for a game with a maze in it from the 1980s

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for a game that probably dates from the second half of the 1980s.  Support may have been PC (perhaps IBM) (rather than a console), graphic interface (close to "Adventures in Math"), you use the arrow keys to move around rather than the mouse.

It was some sort of a point'n'click game (probably subjective POV or "FPS-like", but not sure), in which you could collect items in your inventory that would then be useful later on (obviously).  It's not specifically a maze game, but there's a maze at some point in the story.
One of the most remembering moments is when you encounter a thirsty little flower on your way inside this maze, begging you to feed her with water.  Having a bucket full of water in your inventory, you naturally feed her, but there's a twist: she turns into a carnivore plant and eats you alive, forcing you to start over again.

If you know the name of this video game, could you please give it in the comment section?  Or perhaps you know a way to specifically research it?

Thank you again for your help, I'm very willing to find this game again.

Back from the 1980s? then that's going to be hard regards to be since I was not around till early 90s. Is it First-person maze games that you looking for? or what.

• 3D Maze,

• 3D Monster Maze

• Captivity

• Space Maze,

• Alien Maze,

• Capture the Flag

• Ladder Maze

• London Blitz

I mean there are more it seems

On 2/27/2021 at 8:25 PM, killamch89 said:

This is literally like finding a needle in a haystack, where do we start? Even Sherlock Holmes wouldn't be able to find anything with a description that vague. Could you provide us with a bit more detail?

Yeah, sorry...

I believe I played it on an IBM. There were quite few colors. Grey walls (a bit like you can see in Adventures in Math, including the gameplay).

I essentially remember that flower eating me up when I watered her. You mainly used arrow keys to move around, pick up items and solve puzzle.

As for the year of playing, it was something between 1985 and 1991 (a long period, I know, but I'm trying to remember as hard as I can). But the game could date before that. It was in English.

I wish I could provide you with more details.  I'm trying my best to remember.

Thanks again, anyway.

20 hours ago, supertombraider said:

Yeah, sorry...

I believe I played it on an IBM. There were quite few colors. Grey walls (a bit like you can see in Adventures in Math, including the gameplay).

I essentially remember that flower eating me up when I watered her. You mainly used arrow keys to move around, pick up items and solve puzzle.

As for the year of playing, it was something between 1985 and 1991 (a long period, I know, but I'm trying to remember as hard as I can). But the game could date before that. It was in English.

I wish I could provide you with more details.  I'm trying my best to remember.

Thanks again, anyway.

Well, this gives us a bit more info but I'm not sure I'd be able to help you with this. 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:02 PM, Empire said:

Back from the 1980s? then that's going to be hard regards to be since I was not around till early 90s. Is it First-person maze games that you looking for? or what.

• 3D Maze,

• 3D Monster Maze

• Captivity

• Space Maze,

• Alien Maze,

• Capture the Flag

• Ladder Maze

• London Blitz

I mean there are more it seems

Basically all games that have connections with maze from the 80's will definitely offer exactly what he's looking for. Although graphics might be an issue but it shouldn't be a problem. 

3 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Even if you find it (really wish you the best of luck on that), I highly doubt there is anything left of the game to be found. 

I'm not really looking at playing such puzzle games in the foreseeable future because it doesn't really interest me that much. 

19 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Even if you find it (really wish you the best of luck on that), I highly doubt there is anything left of the game to be found. 

There were so many copy and paste puzzle games around that time that it'd be impossible to really find one that stands out amongst them.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There were so many copy and paste puzzle games around that time that it'd be impossible to really find one that stands out amongst them.

It does not even bother me unless I'm going to wake up tomorrow and develop likeness for puzzle video games.