Register Now
Kane99

What's the best Sonic The Hedgehog game?

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think if the new game that's coming soon fails, then I think it will be time for Sega to take a break in Sonic. I think if that's the case, a break will help the series a lot. But maybe they also need a new team to develop a sonic game. Because whatever they're doing now, isn't working that well. 

But I'll see what the new game is like. Maybe I'm going to be wrong. 

You're spot on with the suggestion of SEGA getting in a new development team to work on the game. I know very well that most of these guys lack the real creativity needed to develop something exceptional but a new team will have a new idea that's going to add a new life to it. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

You're spot on with the suggestion of SEGA getting in a new development team to work on the game. I know very well that most of these guys lack the real creativity needed to develop something exceptional but a new team will have a new idea that's going to add a new life to it. 

It would make sense, considering they haven't done much good with the property since Generations. And even that, fans may be mixed on that. What I think they should do, is focus more on the movies for now, and then maybe after the 3rd movie drops, release that new game. Or idk, just give it more time to gestate before releasing it. They could easily take their time and not rush a release. I think if they actually did, their last couple games would have been much better. 

I'm interested in seeing how the new Sonic game does, but I'm not holding out any hope for it. 

On 8/10/2022 at 5:45 PM, Kane99 said:

It would make sense, considering they haven't done much good with the property since Generations. And even that, fans may be mixed on that. What I think they should do, is focus more on the movies for now, and then maybe after the 3rd movie drops, release that new game. Or idk, just give it more time to gestate before releasing it. They could easily take their time and not rush a release. I think if they actually did, their last couple games would have been much better. 

I'm interested in seeing how the new Sonic game does, but I'm not holding out any hope for it. 

They have already started the production of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 after the 2nd release. They have already announced its release date which is scheduled for December 20th, 2024. 

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sonic-3-movie-release-date/

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

They have already started the production of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 after the 2nd release. They have already announced its release date which is scheduled for December 20th, 2024. 

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sonic-3-movie-release-date/

I just watched  the 2020 release of sonic the hedgehog movie for a second two nights ago, I think a new movie would be good but what about if they considered making a new title for the game  series I think it's been quite sometime any Sonic the hedgehog game was released.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:39 PM, Clasher said:

I just watched  the 2020 release of sonic the hedgehog movie for a second two nights ago, I think a new movie would be good but what about if they considered making a new title for the game  series I think it's been quite sometime any Sonic the hedgehog game was released.

Sonic Frontiers is set to be released on 8th November 2022. Starfall Islands is going to be majorly where all the exploration by Sonic the Hedgehog would focus in game in an open world style. 

16 hours ago, Tonberry said:

Seconding this!

I'm also rather fond of Sonic Mania and Sonic 3. And I played through Sonic '06 and had a blast because I played it with a good pal, but it's not a good game at all even though I had fun, haha.

Yeah, that's more like it. I think that what justify some games for me is its capacity to allow me enjoy myself! If a game is bad but was very much enjoyed, it's a win win for me. I really did had fun with playing Sonic Generations. 

Hands down the best Sonic the Hedgehog game is Sonic 3 and Knuckles, there's no contest. No other Sonic title is as good as that one, it introduced Knuckles the Echidna, had amazing music, good level layouts that were different between Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles plus the sprites look the best. Also Mecha Sonic is cooler than Metal Sonic, and the version of Mecha from 3K is the best version. I think it didn't sell as many copies as the first two since these two games were never in console bundles like the first two games in the series were, so more people owned the first two. As for my second favorite game it's either gotta be Sonic Adventure or Sonic CD. I do enjoy most of the 3D titles of course, but they're not as good as the 2D ones IMO. Even though Sonic has had some bad games, I still think it's the best gaming franchise of all time.