Register Now
Kane99

What's the best Sonic The Hedgehog game?

In your opinion, what is the best sonic game ever? Personally I have a fond place for the original Sonic game, as well as Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic Generations, but the rest I've mostly forgotten about. Don't get me started on Sonic 06 lol. 

But, what would you consider to be the best Sonic game ever? What would your top 3 or 5 be?

I've really only played Sonic on the Gameboy Advanced SP but wow does this post bring back memories! It was definitely a highlight of my childhood haha. Wish I had the opportunity to try Sonic for the Wii. Seems like a fun game.

I'm a Sonic the Hedgehog Nut.  I LOVE Sonic the Hedgehog!  My favorite hands down is Sonic Adventure 1, followed by Sonic 3 & Knuckles.  I don't play new Sonic games though, ever since Sonic Colors.  Call me silly, stupid, or crazy, but I care a lot about the stories and characters in the Sonic games, and as bad as the games got, they at least maintained the characters somewhat consistently.  I couldn't take it at all though when they completely altered Sonic's personality in Colors though.  I hated the new voice actor too.  So Sonic, for me, lives in the past at this point.

My nephew was obsessed with Sonic games! I remember him playing Sonic Mania a lot but I think I enjoyed watching him play Sonic the Hedgehog the first one the most. His dad was a big gamer and spent way too much money buying games for him and his kids to play. What I liked about the game was that it was easy for kids to play and hard enough for some adults to play too.

On 4/30/2021 at 12:30 PM, Empire said:

Best is probs Sonic 3 & Knuckles, that's honestly one of the greatest retro games ever in my opinion and everyone should play through it at least once.

Seriously, it's my favorite sonic game ever as well. Probs Sonic 3 & Knuckles had mad reviews when I checked them out before I decided to play them. 

One of my work colleagues recommended getting Sonic Forces. I'm thinking of getting it on Nintendo Switch but I'm not sure if it's really worth it. Have anyone played it here either on Nintendo Switch or PlayStation 4? 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

One of my work colleagues recommended getting Sonic Forces. I'm thinking of getting it on Nintendo Switch but I'm not sure if it's really worth it. Have anyone played it here either on Nintendo Switch or PlayStation 4? 

I remember hearing it was kind of mediocre. Better than Sonic 06 and one of the other recent games. I saw some lets plays for it, and it is kind of a glitchy mess in some areas. It may have been patched properly up to this point though, so maybe it plays and looks better now, but when it released it was kind of a mess and if I remember correctly, got middling reviews.