Register Now
Withywarlock

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 'delayed indefinitely', surprising no-one.

This hardly belongs in Gaming 'News' because there was little to be optimistic about in the first place. Paradox Interactive has canned developer Hardsuit Labs, whose webpage on Google opens up saying "we make great games", despite having only made one under their current name. They were formerly known as Zombie Studios, who had made the lesser known Spec Ops games, Blacklight: Retribution, and had worked with the US Armed Forces on certain titles. In addition to having a fickle publisher though, Hardsuit Labs were also making a game based on Onyx Publishing's World of Darkness universe 20 years too late. Vampire: The Masquerade is very much a product of its time, and come 5th Edition with new technology and lore, a lot of the old edginess and po-faced, neo-gothic drama has lost its appeal. It's no wonder V:tM 20th Anniversary Edition is so popular on the tabletop.

Much as I wanted to see this game come out just as a milestone in my life, it doesn't seem it'll even come out with the jank that features in Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood. How unfortunate Paradox now owns the video game rights to this IP, otherwise I'd say bin it and get someone to start over.

Read about this mess for yourself here.