Register Now
StaceyPowers

Events/discoveries that totally changed how you view a particular game universe

On 2/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, The Blackangel said:

Without going into detail so as not to give any spoilers, there are events in RDR2 that hit close to home for me. Things that almost made me second guess whether or not I want to play it again. But the family feelings I get from the gang is something I need.

It gave a bit more backstory on John Marston - the protagonist of the first game and I got know a bit more about him other than him being a traitor in the first game. 

28 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

There was a lot about John that was revealed in RDR2. Things that most would never have guessed at.

It also gave us many subtle clues as to why he chose to betray the entire gang in the first game. On the surface, they may have been a group but there was so much politics and infighting that they were turning on each other anyways.

An obscenely large part of that was Micah. Always being Dutch's yes-man, and stroking his ego. Encouraging his most idiotic and destructive ideas. But then he was also a narc, and was trying to make the gang come as undone as possible. I personally believe that Dutch never actually cared about anyone in the gang anyway. He was just using them to make him rich, and when he felt he had a satisfactory amount of money he would abandon them with every cent. He was more of a problem than anyone in the gang. If they had just shot him and put Hosea in charge, they would have all lived great lives. Hosea had common sense, intelligence, and the gang's best interests at heart. None of which Dutch never cared for.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 3/1/2021 at 3:28 AM, killamch89 said:

It gave a bit more backstory on John Marston - the protagonist of the first game and I got know a bit more about him other than him being a traitor in the first game. 

I actually saw it coming from John Marston that he's not going to trustworthy in the end and he later proved it.