Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most underwhelming boss fights

Ultimecia. The build up through the game, the way they talk about her, the bosses throughout, and then that's the final boss of the game? Are you fucking kidding me? I could beat that bitch with my eyes closed. It was such a let down. She does almost nothing but stand there and let me attack her. Thanks a lot SquareEnix for the epic fail of a final boss.

Madness of Deathwing, from World of Warcraft's Cataclysm expansion. The idea behind the Dragon Soul raid was meant to be a climactic end to the expansion, with Deathwing being not so much a three-phase boss but the undying, agonised force of nature that he was. In theory, this works. In practice, Madness of Deathwing was only exciting to those who were seeing casual raiding for the first time in the "Looking for Raid" (LFR) function and difficulty. Experienced raiders saw - and still remember - this fight as slapping a dragon's gummy toes.

Still, he dropped Kiril, Fury of Beasts, which remains one of my favourite weapons in the game.

Edited by Withywarlock

Assassin's Creed III's final boss was a joke. Spoiler below. 

When you finally deal with your father at the end of the game, it's a lazy chase mission in a burning building if I remember correctly. And once you catch up to him, you get a cutscene and then the end of the game. So you don't get to take him out from what I remember. I think you leave him there to die or something

Edited by Kane99

On 2/27/2021 at 12:04 AM, Kane99 said:

Assassin's Creed III's final boss was a joke. Spoiler below. 

When you finally deal with your father at the end of the game, it's a lazy chase mission in a burning building if I remember correctly. And once you catch up to him, you get a cutscene and then the end of the game. So you don't get to take him out from what I remember. I think you leave him there to die or something

That's absolutely hilarious. I can imagine the anticipation building up to the final boss fight and that happened, I'd be totally pissed.