Register Now
StaceyPowers

What could improve about current game graphics?

I believe that there is no need for more improvements in terms of graphics, nor sounds effects, what people want is a decent storyline, more details and better gameplay experience! we are in a whole different era where good graphics aren't a thing to take on consideration because they were a cool new thing to be amazed of long time ago :p

Since games have so wildly different graphics fidelity it is not possible to point out any specific thing. Some games will look dated some already do when they release, while others will still look fine years on.

Where I wish improvements are the areas of animation and physics. The Last of Us 2 made quite big leaps in this, but people barely even notice those.

I want all games to finally embrace soft body phyiscs instead of the archaic rigid body, and ragdoll physics that has been the industry standard for 20 years at least.

I also wish for characters to have realistic skin and muscular/bone structure, but I guess this is way out there still. Currently they just use jcms or not even those in some instances to animate body parts.

I was looking at the Final Fantasy 7 remake for the ps5, and the movement of characters had that soap opera effect. I usually don't like that in shows, but it looked really good in the video game. So maybe the motion of characters, background, in newer systems will make the older one seem outdated. Maybe it will fix that 'headache' we get when moving the character around a lot. 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, Patrik said:

I believe that there is no need for more improvements in terms of graphics, nor sounds effects, what people want is a decent storyline, more details and better gameplay experience! we are in a whole different era where good graphics aren't a thing to take on consideration because they were a cool new thing to be amazed of long time ago 😛

I think that I quite agree with you on this one. For the ones that are great already, there is no need messing with it again. More focus should be on the one's that needs to be touched. 

On 2/26/2021 at 6:34 AM, Patrik said:

I believe that there is no need for more improvements in terms of graphics, nor sounds effects, what people want is a decent storyline, more details and better gameplay experience! we are in a whole different era where good graphics aren't a thing to take on consideration because they were a cool new thing to be amazed of long time ago :p

I'd have to slightly disagree - the graphics has to be apart of the equation as well because that's what helps to draw the attention of players. Story and the gameplay experience is what keeps them hooked so each area is important.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:39 PM, skyfire said:

I think 3D is yet to get there. But with COD like team around I think it will get there soon. I hate the roblox and minecraft like 3D. So I surely want 3D worth enjoying which is similar to the one in the virtual reality level. 

You just hit a nerve there with me on Minecraft like 3D. There is absolutely nothing about it that I fancy at all. 

I’d say graphics are already approaching an upper limit. There’s probably room for improvement in terms of movies and tv, where you can take your time rendering all of the graphical components before delivering on a final product. But with PCs and consoles, there is only so much you can expect most consumers to afford.

Unless new world of coding and tech comes, we will see what the furture be like

3 minutes ago, Empire said:

I’d say graphics are already approaching an upper limit. There’s probably room for improvement in terms of movies and tv, where you can take your time rendering all of the graphical components before delivering on a final product. But with PCs and consoles, there is only so much you can expect most consumers to afford.

Unless new world of coding and tech comes, we will see what the furture be like

Seriously, when it comes to the future, anything and everything is possible. When it comes to tech, it can always get more better than it is now. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd have to slightly disagree - the graphics has to be apart of the equation as well because that's what helps to draw the attention of players. Story and the gameplay experience is what keeps them hooked so each area is important.

i didn't say they don't matter but i said that devs should think other things on consideration too, we have reached a decent level of graphics but still lack the other things in most of the times (although there are still some decent fresh released titles)

5 minutes ago, Patrik said:

i didn't say they don't matter but i said that devs should think other things on consideration too, we have reached a decent level of graphics but still lack the other things in most of the times (although there are still some decent fresh released titles)

Yeah, it's very important that when it comes video games, everything should be in proper balance ; be it graphics, characters, storyline etc. 

It was something I hadn't realised until Jim Sterling had pointed it out: eyes. However hyper-realistic games end up looking, and fair play to graphic designers who are able to achieve it, characters - particularly females, I've noticed - are consistently doe-eyed. Perhaps it's done on purpose, that the uncanny valley effect gets unnerving and things have to change before release. It could just well be my imagination. It's all in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

Edited by Withywarlock

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

It was something I hadn't realised until Jim Sterling had pointed it out: eyes. However hyper-realistic games end up looking, and fair play to graphic designers who are able to achieve it, characters - particularly females, I've noticed - are consistently doe-eyed. Perhaps it's done on purpose, that the uncanny valley effect gets unnerving and things have to change before release. It could just well be my imagination. It's all in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

You are very correct big time, our differences in perception is definitely going to play a very big role in determining how we view each one of them.