Register Now
StaceyPowers

Have you ever quit a game after investing dozens of hours?

Sure, there has been a few games where I gave up close to the middle, and sometimes even near the end. One game that comes to mind is the sims 3. I played it for hours and then just stopped. I always told myself I'd come back to it, but never did. Currently I'm having that with Cyberpunk 2077, as I haven't played it in a couple weeks now and still have a ways to go. 

Red Faction Guerilla was another game I played nearly until completion and then I stopped. That I have an excuse for, as I rented it one time and never ended up getting the game again to beat it. 

But yeah, I've invested in a lot of games and I end up quitting some of them. Shadow of the Colossus is another game I nearly completed but dropped it one day and never revisited it. Well I did about 5 years or so ago, but ended up dropping it again lol. 

If I can stick with a game for a few hours that usually means I can get to the end.

The exception was GTA V on the PS3. I had to quit, the controls were so frustrating for me on it, so I waited 2 years for the PC version and finished the game on PC, which I should've done in the first place and not waste my time on the console version.

Thief Deadly Shadows. I don't even remember why I quit playing this game, this was in 2004.

I do it all the time simply from boredom with it. I always play FF8 up to the end of disc 3, and that's when the boredom of the game sets in. The only thing left is Ultimecia's castle, which is ungodly boring. All the towns are blocked off as you are outside of time, which leaves you very little to do. Several side quests are no longer available as they involve going into one or more towns. By the time I reach the end of disc 3, my characters are virtually invincible. I junction spells to their attributes, equip things such as Ribbons, and nothing can touch them. Elemental attacks actually heal me, and all status attacks are blocked by the Ribbons. Hit points are maxed out at 9999 for everyone. Unless I decide to go for 100 of every item (which I have done in the past) I don't have a lot to do.

Far Cry 4. Was playing in co-op with a friend and we found out we were gated by single player, we couldn't go to new areas unless both of us (separately) completed more SP missions. Couldn't be done in co-op. Killed the game for me.

Also, Star Wars Commander, It was an ok mobile game, just kinda mindless which I enjoyed. However got to a point where I couldn't do ANYTHING unless I participated in PvP, which I didn't care for at all. So I dropped that game.

Honourable mention to Space Engineers, the MP netcode in that game can be so terrible it makes the game basically unplayable if you're not the host. That game is still in Early Access (STILL. FOR YEARS) so I'll eventually go back to it I'm sure, whenever the netcode is not frustrating.

3 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I have on a few, recent one being some kind of shooter RPG on the PS3 and Dragon Quest 6 on 3DS, both just lost my intrest greatly. 

I'm still looking at playing Dragon Quest 6 again. I think I didn't give it my all when I played it last year.