Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone actually have a next gen console yet?

Nope, but that's ok, as I haven't attempted to buy either new console yet. I tend to wait a year or more before I purchase a new console, as well I'm by no means flush with cash, so it's easier said than done. 

But soon I hope. I'm in no rush. 

I don't but I'd not have bought one yet even if it was available. I usually buy consoles years into their lifecycle when there are at least a few good games to pick up.

But with Sony moving towards releasing more and more titles on PC, I'm not even sure I'll buy a PS5.

As for XBOX I don't need it, there is nothing and never was any title on that platform that would even remotely warrant the investment.

Edited by m76

On 3/2/2021 at 11:09 PM, Syntax said:

My friend does but with the limited space on the drive I’d rather wait for the second gen and a better (and cheaper) swap to do so I don’t have to move games around or redownload them all of the time 

You mean the PS5 pro that's supposed to be out in 2023? Because it is going to be pretty powerful and I heard it has 1 TB of space as well. However, can 1 TB of space suffice most modern games?

37 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You mean the PS5 pro that's supposed to be out in 2023? Because it is going to be pretty powerful and I heard it has 1 TB of space as well. However, can 1 TB of space suffice most modern games?

Nothing has been confirmed yet. Just rumors. But, they likely will do a pro console around then. But 1TB of space isn't enough for these new gen consoles. I think at this point they need to be 2TB at least. Games aren't getting any smaller. Especially with how one Call of Duty game can reach over 500GBs alone. That storage is nothing. 

On 2/26/2021 at 2:22 AM, StaceyPowers said:

With PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles still really hard to get, has anyone here had any luck in obtaining one? If so, what unit did you get, and where/how/when did you buy it?

My boss purchased Playstation 5 for his husband last 2 months ago and the man was so damn happy. There is a lady on Facebook called Angela Nwosu, she got one for her husband too.