Register Now
Kane99

Knockout City

Has anyone here heard of this game yet? I think it was announced during Nintendo's recent showing during Nintendo Direct. Anyway, it's essentially a dodgeball game, battle royale of sorts. All I know, is that it looks like it will be a lot of fun to play. You can check out the trailer below. It will also have crossplay and looks to be dropping on pretty much every platform too. 🙂 

So after Electronic Arts' failed Rocket Arena and Microsoft's bled-out Bleeding Edge (by Ninja Theory, of Hellblade fame), EA have decided to publish another attempt at a multiplayer space that's already bloated...? Given it has a price tag of 19.99 USD, which is $19.99 too much, I don't expect this game to see many of its 9-weekly long seasons even with crossplay across major platforms. If they don't get their act together with the free-to-play alternative before launch (afterwards isn't good enough)

Don't get me wrong, it looks fun. Damn fun, but only as fun as the teams you're in, which if Bleeding Edge was anything to go by, is only going to be 1/3rd of the entire time I'm playing, which is never enough, even for a F2P game.

Also for some reason in that trailer the word 'ass' is bleeped out, but 'bloody' isn't. In my country the former isn't as strong as the latter, which they should know because they have a character with a distinctly English voice.

I've signed up for the beta, but have no expectations other than it dying within a year. Do me proud, Velan Studios, even if your only claim to fame so far is Mario Kart Live.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, Withywarlock said:

So after Electronic Arts' failed Rocket Arena and Microsoft's bled-out Bleeding Edge (by Ninja Theory, of Hellblade fame), EA have decided to publish another attempt at a multiplayer space that's already bloated...? Given it has a price tag of 19.99 USD, which is $19.99 too much, I don't expect this game to see many of its 9-weekly long seasons even with crossplay across major platforms. If they don't get their act together with the free-to-play alternative before launch (afterwards isn't good enough)

Don't get me wrong, it looks fun. Damn fun, but only as fun as the teams you're in, which if Bleeding Edge was anything to go by, is only going to be 1/3rd of the entire time I'm playing, which is never enough, even for a F2P game.

Also for some reason in that trailer the word 'ass' is bleeped out, but 'bloody' isn't. In my country the former isn't as strong as the latter, which they should know because they have a character with a distinctly English voice.

I've signed up for the beta, but have no expectations other than it dying within a year. Do me proud, Velan Studios, even if your only claim to fame so far is Mario Kart Live.

I have played it and I must say it's really fun to play. It reminds me of Rocket League in a way - it's ridiculously easy to get into but it takes a bit of skill, creativity and timing to really become good at it.

RIGHT......

What the hell, the characters interviewed were way more interesting than the game itself, What's wrong with you guys? You had a great character concept and then BAM! let's have just normal guys running around just like the other hundred games from the last 20 years.

Good idea for the gameplay tho.

On 4/4/2021 at 6:31 AM, Empire said:

RIGHT......

What the hell, the characters interviewed were way more interesting than the game itself, What's wrong with you guys? You had a great character concept and then BAM! let's have just normal guys running around just like the other hundred games from the last 20 years.

Good idea for the gameplay tho.

The gameplay is pretty fun but knowing EA they'll find a way to heavily monetize the game and screw it up in the process. Just check out Apex Legends.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The gameplay is pretty fun but knowing EA they'll find a way to heavily monetize the game and screw it up in the process. Just check out Apex Legends.

They wiil, I mean Farcry was good then itnwas messed up. Now no one plays it. every game is never perfect. Good game if EA was not running it

2 hours ago, Empire said:

They wiil, I mean Farcry was good then itnwas messed up. Now no one plays it. every game is never perfect. Good game if EA was not running it

FarCry is actually Ubisoft but I get your point. I just know they have some scheme to monetize this game if it becomes extremely popular  and then completely destroy it.