Register Now
Kane99

Have you ever had to purchase a game multiple times?

Have you ever had to purchase a game multiple times? As in maybe you had to buy a second copy because the first copy broke, or you lost your first copy and had to buy a replacement. Maybe you sold it, and decided to buy another copy of the game later on. 

I've done this a few times before. COD 4 I had to replace once, because the original disc started to crack (I played it a lot) and had to get another copy. One of my copies of splinter cell I had went bad as well and I had to get that replaced. But for the most part, I haven't had to replace many games. What about you though? 

My copy of Fallout 3 was broken, so I had to go to the literal home of the local distributor to get a  replacement copy. And then that one broke too. It had some messed up copy protection. The good old days of securom and safedisc. Then I purchased the goty edition.

I also purchased Command and Conquer 4 times now. First the original in 1995, then as part of the first decade collection, then as the origin ultimate collection, then the remastered edition.

I've had over a dozen copies of FF8. Mainly because a disc would get scratched up and become unplayable, or I would lose a disc. With a game that takes 4 discs, it's not hard to do. One set wasn't my fault. Disc 4 didn't work. The systems didn't even recognize that they had a disc in them. I tried it on multiple systems, PS1-PS3 and got the same issue. I took it back, 3 times and had the same result. So that press of the game was completely fucked up. I ended up getting an original first edition of the game to play it. But when I got it on Switch, I haven't played it on PS since.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've had over a dozen copies of FF8. Mainly because a disc would get scratched up and become unplayable, or I would lose a disc. With a game that takes 4 discs, it's not hard to do. One set wasn't my fault. Disc 4 didn't work. The systems didn't even recognize that they had a disc in them. I tried it on multiple systems, PS1-PS3 and got the same issue. I took it back, 3 times and had the same result. So that press of the game was completely fucked up. I ended up getting an original first edition of the game to play it. But when I got it on Switch, I haven't played it on PS since.

I got a couple copies of MGS1 from a trading site in the past. I got the original edition, but just the discs and I have the greatest hits edition that I think has everything. Can't believe I forgot about that one. 

Yes, I brought GTA5 twice and in fact I have three copies. EPic, Steam and Disc. Same with Mudrunner 🙂 I brought the game twice. All in all I think I had around 4 games that I brought more then once. Did the same for GTAIV. wanted to get the episodes from liberty city and I got the bundle pack 🙂 even that I got the normal GTA game. Soon after I got the game again on steam. 

On 2/27/2021 at 7:02 PM, killamch89 said:

I have at least 3 copies of Skyrim right now as I had Skyrim for Xbox One and PC. Not to mention I got the Special Edition so that's three. I'll probably get it again when I get a Nintendo Switch...

Wow, you're really addicted or love Skyrim so much more than other games that you have played so far I guess. 

12 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I have PC as well as ps4. So no doubt I had to buy some of the games for both. I have 2 copies of FiFA2019, and GTA V. Now, I am not planning to buy games more than once anymore. 😊

It's always a very good experience when you can actually enjoy playing both with consoles and PC. 

On 8/7/2021 at 3:57 AM, Heatman said:

It's always a very good experience when you can actually enjoy playing both with consoles and PC. 

But that costs you double. I mean, if you want to explore playing same game in both , you have to either use emulator (not legal) or buy two copies for each. That's why I always analyse the games, and buy only that copy which will provide better gaming experience. 😊

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

But that costs you double. I mean, if you want to explore playing same game in both , you have to either use emulator (not legal) or buy two copies for each. That's why I always analyse the games, and buy only that copy which will provide better gaming experience. 😊

Some people don't really care about what it costs them when it comes to enjoying what makes them happy you know.