Register Now
The Blackangel

Games with the most responsibility

Games are getting more and more technical in terms of gameplay every day. You sure as hell aren't going to find anything like Elder Scrolls on Atari or NES. But of the ones you have played, what game requires the most responsibility from you? By that I mean things you have to do, or risk losing some of your achievements?

For example, take RDR2. To start off with, you have to take a lot of care with your horse. You have to remember to feed it so that it stays at a healthy weight. If you don't it will starve to death. You have to keep it clean. You have to let it rest. You have to make sure you are bonding with it. If you go to all the trouble to catch, break, and tame one of the Arabians, especially the white one, and then let that horse die because you didn't take care of it, you're going to be pissed.

You also have to take proper care of Arthur. He has to eat to stay at a healthy weight, which is easier said than done, believe me. A lot of the morale in the camp is on his shoulders. He is also the unofficial hunter for the gang, so keeping the camp fed is your responsibility, because apparently no one else in camp knows how to pull a fucking trigger.

If Arthur gets into too much trouble, he can easily lead the law to camp. When you're running from the law, you run until they aren't looking for you anymore, ride around for a minute or two, THEN it's safe to head to camp.

It's on you to make sure the camp is well stocked, because while other members of the gang donate occasionally, they don't stock shit. You have to stock the medicine wagon, ammo wagon, and food wagon.

Your honor level also affects things. One thing it affects is prices. When you go to a general store, stable, or gun shop for example, if you have a high honor you can get discounted prices. Low honor doesn't mean you will pay a higher than normal price. There are also other things that a high honor rating affects. The discount is just my personal favorite.

The level of responsibilities that you take on, just to play this game, are insane. And if you're wanting to upgrade things such as your satchel, you better be ready for a long drawn out hunting spree to get the Legend Of The East satchel. It takes a total of 22 perfect hides from 14 different animals. Many of which will eat you and their only thought is to wonder if dessert is a rabbit or a squirrel. Some of which you will never find, because you simply don't know where to look in this world and many of which are not where you would expect them to be. For things like this a walkthrough or players guide is almost required.

It's a bitch, but it's a blast.

RDR2 is probably the game with the most responsibilities. You forgot even having to polish the weapons. And your hunted carcass can rot if it stays out too long. Games that require you to maintain a friendly and calm group is a big responsibility. First game I ever played like that was The Thing on ps2. You always had to keep checking on their status to make sure they are too scared and do something stupid. Working with a squad in a military game is challenging. And I hate fixing weapons in any game. 

I'm not a fan of games that require you to do mundane chores. Like fishing hunting repairing and maintaining weapons, and so on.

I like however the responsibility you have in say Mass Effect 2 to not get squad members killled. And quantic dream games where lives depend on many of your actions and decisions.

3 minutes ago, m76 said:

I'm not a fan of games that require you to do mundane chores. Like fishing hunting repairing and maintaining weapons, and so on.

I like however the responsibility you have in say Mass Effect 2 to not get squad members killled. And quantic dream games where lives depend on many of your actions and decisions.

I think we forgot a series that has lots of responsibilities - The Sims. No seriously, it's like living another life - your Sim has every single need that you do. After two weeks, I dropped the game and never played it again.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I don't really know any other video games that comes with more responsibilities like RDR2. There are so many things that must be done, otherwise you ain't gonna make any progress. 

RDR2 doesn't even compare to games like the Sims or Second Life where you literally have to monitor all parts of your character's life or they'll suffer in one or another and eventually die.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

RDR2 doesn't even compare to games like the Sims or Second Life where you literally have to monitor all parts of your character's life or they'll suffer in one or another and eventually die.

Seriously, there are kind of games that if you don't really have the full concentration and focus to play, you won't progress at all.