Register Now
Kane99

Do you think Game Pass Ultimate will include other media at some point?

Xbox's Game Pass Ultimate is a great deal. For only $15, you can get games from the PC and Xbox side. But, wouldn't it be a nice added bonus if they released other media? Like maybe movies and tv shows? I doubt it would ever happen, but I could see if being their own way to get into the movie/tv streaming game. I mean, it's possible that at one point, we may see other options in our game pass, and who knows, Microsoft might even change it later on if they decide to include movies and tv. I doubt music would be added, but that would be a killer bonus if all of that was included. Hell, I'd pay $20 a month for all of that to be honest. 

But, what do you think? Could something like this even work? 

On 2/27/2021 at 7:06 AM, Empire said:

I would leave it for gaming content, do not want to have films and Tv shows. We have other networks for that, that just deals with what they are good at. Netflix 🙂 

Yeah, we already have Netflix and whole host of other companies with that kind of content. Let Xbox stick to gaming - we don't want it to end up like the Google Stadia which was trying to do too much and couldn't deliver on anything.

I mean, it would add a lot to Xbox Ultimate, especially if it's included at no additional cost. It would be kind of a win win. But, I don't see something like that happening. If they do try it, they'd add tiers where you'd pay more to get movies and tv or something like that. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, we already have Netflix and whole host of other companies with that kind of content. Let Xbox stick to gaming - we don't want it to end up like the Google Stadia which was trying to do too much and couldn't deliver on anything.

Yeah, Google already owns way to much like andthing else. 

On 3/2/2021 at 6:47 AM, Empire said:

Yeah, Google already owns way to much like andthing else. 

Owns a lot and tends to ruin a lot as well - the Google Stadia is already kicking the bucket and I'm glad it's going because it was garbage even before they released it. I also knew they couldn't deliver on most of the things they were promising from the get go.

I'm not sure they would be expand it for films and TV shows but I wouldn't complain if they did. The Game Pass is already a pretty good deal for most gamers so anything that they add to it will be an amazing added bonus.

I guess when you think about it, some people prefer to keep their subscriptions all in one place and at the moment, Xbox only offer games for Xbox and PC as part of their Game Pass Ultimate for a small fee a month, but I wouldn't say that something like a subscription service from Xbox for TV shows and Movies wouldn't be a hit if they were to release something like that. Maybe having some kind of subscription service for just games on Xbox, PC and then something for Games and Movies and TV would be pretty cool for those who wanted to keep their subscriptions in one place. I don't think we will ever see anything like that though as Xbox seem to be focusing more on getting games out to more people at an affordable price right now. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

I guess when you think about it, some people prefer to keep their subscriptions all in one place and at the moment, Xbox only offer games for Xbox and PC as part of their Game Pass Ultimate for a small fee a month, but I wouldn't say that something like a subscription service from Xbox for TV shows and Movies wouldn't be a hit if they were to release something like that. Maybe having some kind of subscription service for just games on Xbox, PC and then something for Games and Movies and TV would be pretty cool for those who wanted to keep their subscriptions in one place. I don't think we will ever see anything like that though as Xbox seem to be focusing more on getting games out to more people at an affordable price right now. 

I agree. I think it could work. The only thing is, it depends on what kind of content you get for those tiers. Maybe music streaming? Maybe a catalog of movies/tv shows that you can stream through your Xbox? They could make their own little netflix side where you can stream movies and tv. 

I think it's going to be a part of future plans. 

2 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I agree. I think it could work. The only thing is, it depends on what kind of content you get for those tiers. Maybe music streaming? Maybe a catalog of movies/tv shows that you can stream through your Xbox? They could make their own little netflix side where you can stream movies and tv. 

I think it's going to be a part of future plans. 

Music streaming would be a great feature to have on Xbox. I know they have Spotify built in but again, what if you wanted to have subscriptions all in one place or just in one place? I really feel that if Microsoft were to do something in terms of music streaming it could be built in to offer more ways to mix it with game sound so that you are able to play and have music playing. There is so much they could add as part of a subscription service but whether they choose to would be a different story. Saying that though, who knows what Microsoft and Phil Spencer may surprise us with next.

Getting the Xbox console has changed my perspective of how different the Xbox is from the PlayStation.

If other media is added to gamepass that would make it a lot more awesome and durable than it is now but hopefully they don't over charge users for the extra services.