Register Now
killamch89

CD Project Red Hack Leaves Devs Unable to Work For Weeks

We had discussed this topic about a month back about the CD Project Red Hack. Well, just as an update, the Devs are still unable to regain access to their workstations so they haven't been able to work. So the reason the Cyberpunk 2077 patches are delayed is because they're still feeling the effects of that hack.

That's pretty bad that happened. I wonder if Cyberpunk didn't get so much publicity and hype, after announcing it for years, then a rushed f$$k up, and potential lawsuits, etc. would hackers have targeted them? CD Project Red left themselves in a vulnerable and desperate situation. I think that enticed hackers. That's some interesting news. Hope to be able to play my game some time this year. But I hope in these circumstances, they don't begin to rush again. Believe me, I can wait for a working game. At least this Christmas, all I have to do is stuff the game in a stocking and hang it on the fireplace and leave some cookies out to surprise Santa with last year's gift. 

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's pretty bad that happened. I wonder if Cyberpunk didn't get so much publicity and hype, after announcing it for years, then a rushed f$$k up, and potential lawsuits, etc. would hackers have targeted them? CD Project Red left themselves in a vulnerable and desperate situation. I think that enticed hackers. That's some interesting news. Hope to be able to play my game some time this year. But I hope in these circumstances, they don't begin to rush again. Believe me, I can wait for a working game. At least this Christmas, all I have to do is stuff the game in a stocking and hang it on the fireplace and leave some cookies out to surprise Santa with last year's gift. 

Honestly, It's such a weird situation. I don't even know what to say anymore - if this isn't a crap fest, then I don't know what is. To be honest, most gaming companies can be easily be hacked and there has been increased attacks in recent years but I haven't seen anything of this magnitude.