Register Now
m76

Games that wasn't worth the price...

As I've mentioned in the topic Games that were worth it but not at full price? I rarely buy games at full price, so it made no sense to list almost every game I bought.

So in this topic I'm asking what games you regretted buying because they were not worth whatever you paid for them.

So here goes my list

• Fallout 4 Season Pass. I bought this in the middle of my playthrough of the base game when I was still enthusiastic about it, but by the time any DLC dropped I wasn't interested in the game, I never even finished the content, I maybe spent 20 minutes with the DLCs.
  • Far Cry: New Dawn. I expected more Far Cry 5 style content from this, instead it got completely revamped and turned into a grindfest with tiered enemies and weapons, I hated it and never finished the game.
  • Rage 2: I was excited for the game because I loved Mad Max, and this was virtually the same game in concept, made by the same developers. Unfortunately I was gravely disappointed, barely spent half an hour with it before abandoning the game.I might try again some time but so far it was a waste of money.
  • The Last of Us Remastered. I bought this for the PS4, but never actually played it. I had hoped they improved the controls over the PS3 version, but sadly it was just as frustrating as the original release. So I spent an hour with it and realized this will end badly. Best case me breaking the controller, worst case throwing it into the TV.
  • Mafia III: Just simply a bad game, that I never got my money's worth out of.
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3: I got this really cheap with all DLC included I had thought I made such  a deal. Only to find out that the game is actually terrible.

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - So much potential but it has turned into an absolute tragedy
  2. Fallout 4 GOTY - I got this for free but it still feels like I was robbed. If it wasn't for modding, I'd have abandoned this game long ago.
  3. Max Payne 3 - The gameplay itself was okay but the story was one chaotic mess. 
  4. Anthem - I never purchased the game but isn't even worth $2 but it cost $60 at launch. Definitely not worth it.
  5. Fallout 76 - Never got this one either but $50 on launch? What was Bethesda smoking.
  6. Star Wars Battlefront - This is one of the last EA game I pre-ordered or purchased out of my pocket. I'm still upset I even wasted my money.

27 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

Final Fantasy 12 is on my list, it was... just didn't feel like a FF game and just a slow mess of a MMO type like game. 

Yeah, I never really liked what Square Enix did with that series of Final Fantasy. I never got to play it twice for any reason whatsoever. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

There are so many of such games that aren't worth their full price which is why in most cases, I don't buy games at their full price. Some of them are ;

Cyberpunk 2077

Far Cry

Fallout 76

Final Fantasy 12

Far cry? I have far cry 3 and I do like the gameplay. Though, I do understand that it totally depends upon Individual choice, but the gameplay was not that bad enough for a price range of $30-$40.

Edited by Razor1911

An older one. Soul Calibur 5. They completely abandoned all the single player modes I loved in the past. No chronicles of the Sword, no Tower, nothing. Just a half assed story and a bunch of new characters that honestly suck

11 hours ago, Empire said:

An older one. Soul Calibur 5. They completely abandoned all the single player modes I loved in the past. No chronicles of the Sword, no Tower, nothing. Just a half assed story and a bunch of new characters that honestly suck

They practically didn't do anything in the game since there wasn't any chronicles of the Sword or any Tower. It's a complete shit show.