Register Now
Kane99

Pokemon Legends: Arceus

Looks like Pokemon is getting the breath of the wild treatment, as this looks to be very similar to it, but in the world of Pokemon. I'm not a big fan of Pokemon, but I understand it's popularity and fandom. Anyway, this looks like something I would even play. Check the recent trailer out below. 

Honestly, this looks amazing! I wanted to see more of the actual gameplay though. You can just tell it's going to be an awesome game unless Nintendo gets greedy and hides some of the rare Pokemon behind a Paywall. If I'm not mistaken they did attempt to do a similar thing with Sword & Shield.

Wow. That looks very different from the conventional way the game was developed and designed all these years. In emerald ruby versions, Ash used to walk in straight lines through all the landscape and not even have the flexibility to do anything else. 

This changes much of that and I am totally in love with the way the interface has been designed. Kudos. 

I really want to see a review of this game. I have been itching for a new pokemon game but neither of the recent switch games seem to be worth the value. Shinning pearl and diamond look like a decent review but the fact that it doesnt have online matchmaking makes me not want to buy it and pokemon sword and shield are not the pokemon game we were expecting for switch

I'm not surprised at how dated this looks, GameFreak as a company are finally playing catch-up to the rest of the industry after years of coasting on the pokemon IP. This is what happens when you make the same game for 20+ years, with the same mechanics and are suddenly asked to do something new. They're learning lessons the rest of the industry has long ago learned.

After watching a couple of reviews of the game I can safely say is not what I expected, its a turn in the right direction though but I still have some issues with the game. For example many reviewers agree that the map is mostly empty. Unlike other open world games Hisui Region is filled with Pokemons but thats about it, there is a lack of special locations or secret places to find loot or special encounters or basically anything interesting aside from wild pokemon. I dont have a problem with the graphics, I mean Pokemon games are not know for being pretty but I've seen a  lot of examples were the frame rate drops very low or pokemons or objects in the distance pop out of nowhere. And this same issue happened with Sword and Shield. I think gamefreak is no longer up to the task to make modern Pokemon games, honestly they dont know how to make AAA console games. Nintendo needs another studio working on Pokemon (I doubt that will ever happen) or Gamefreak needs to step up their game.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, kingpotato said:

I really want to see a review of this game. I have been itching for a new pokemon game but neither of the recent switch games seem to be worth the value. Shinning pearl and diamond look like a decent review but the fact that it doesnt have online matchmaking makes me not want to buy it and pokemon sword and shield are not the pokemon game we were expecting for switch

I haven't played Pokemon in ages and this is just tempting me. I'd buy a Switch right now if I wasn't saving every penny for getting components for my new computer build.