Register Now
Kane99

Did you believe in the Madden Curse?

Do you know of the Madden Curse? It was this urban legend, that whoever was on the cover of the new Madden that year, would either get injured and be out the rest of the year, or they would suffer a poor performance throughout the whole season. Many players who landed on the cover did get injured after, but there were many other players who faced no issues. It was just random. But of course, when you're playing a contact sport like Football, you can get injured. Teams are plagued with injuries each year. It's sadly part of the game. I just think it was random chance that it went that way. 

Anyway, did you ever believe in the Madden Curse? I never believed it, but it is crazy how so many players got injured after being on the cover. I think the last 5 years or so, most of the players were unschathed. 

What did you think of the Madden Curse? 

I've neither been fully aware of what Madden is nor it's curse, so I can't say I believed in the curse but it's quite an interesting phenomenon to follow all the same. I don't place much stock into curses myself, and the hex having an apparent expiry date tells me it's not really all that fearsome.

Apparently Electronic Arts were going to work on a comedy film about it, but two years later entertainment executive Pat O'Brien said that EA isn't working on the movie. That could mean either the whole thing was a joke, or that they're no longer working on a film that could have been in the early stages of production. Much as I would like to see such a film even though I'm not a fan of Madden, I can't see it being any longer than a five-minute skit rather than the feature-length film hopefuls may have wanted it to be.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, m76 said:

So do I believe in a supersticious urban legend regarding a game series I don't care about. Which is about a sport I don't care about? You can guess.

Seriously, supersticious urban legend is the perfect fit name for the so-called Madden Curse which is as far as I'm concerned an utter rubbish. 

On 3/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, killamch89 said:

But they said the same thing about Fifa every year and Messi and Ronaldo usually stay fit so these urban legends have no credence whatsoever. I wondered how these even came about in the first place?

Seriously, those two legend have always graced the cover of almost every thing and they hardly get injured. 

Now Messi is leaving Barcelona, I wait for FIFA to upgrade their next game with him no longer in Barcelona. It's unbelievable. 

3 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I don't think its connected, its the NFL football after all, tons of those over paid people are sent to the hospital with broken limbs or brain damage, sadly. 

That's how the game is. Even in normal football games, people do get injured. Though, I do agree that Rugby is really a perilous sports. 😒😟

Edited by Razor1911

5 minutes ago, Empire said:

How is there really this many people that believe in a curse on a video game,This is shocking. No, I do not believe in the curse, besides henrybwould stiff arm any curse that tries to get close soo.

Lol 😆. It's funny people still believe such superstitions. Yeah, there might be various reasons why an athlete's performance gone down, but linking that with the a video game is utterly nonsense and funny. 😆

13 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That's how the game is. Even in normal football games, people do get injured. Though, I do agree that Rugby is really a perilous sports. 😒😟

Rugby is not a sport for the fainted heart because it's definitely going to crush the weak who get into it when it's dealing with the strong already.