Register Now
Kane99

Female only leagues

I know there are many female teams playing esports, but are there any leagues just for women? I imagine by now there would be some kind of woman only league. And I'd love to see that. All I ever hear about are the male esports players, with an occasional mention of women players here and there. I'd like to hear more about the female esports players out there.

I'm not familiar with most esports stars out there, but who would you say is the best female pro gamer out there in the esports world today? 

I don't know much about esports but I don't see any good reason why their should be all female leagues, at least not at a professional level.  It's not like Athletics or Weightlifting or whatever where one gender has an advantage.  If men and women can compete together and the competition is still fair then what's the point in a gender split?

The community has kind of a sexist view about gamers. Girls aren't really taken seriously. For example, Someone got really angry and posted Danii's tweets on the subreddit saying she was delusional and arrogant by saying they would win Nashville. Yet, if an all male, amateur team said that, people would just brush it off as people puffing up their chest. It's a bit frustrating

There will never be a women’s league. Considering that gaming doesn’t take the same physical ability that is required for sports like basketball or hockey, there’s no real characteristic that would divide men and women in skill. In some battle royale games, there are women who are like goddesses and others that are so bad a brain dead monkey would be a more challenging opponent. The same is said for men. So I personally don’t see a logical reason to make a league for only women. TERF’s would definitely disagree with that, but fuck those delusional cunts.

22 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

There will never be a women’s league. Considering that gaming doesn’t take the same physical ability that is required for sports like basketball or hockey, there’s no real characteristic that would divide men and women in skill. In some battle royale games, there are women who are like goddesses and others that are so bad a brain dead monkey would be a more challenging opponent. The same is said for men. So I personally don’t see a logical reason to make a league for only women. TERF’s would definitely disagree with that, but fuck those delusional cunts.

You make a good point. Since it doesn't require physical ability, anyone can do it. I've seen kids who play some games better than most. 

I feel like they would have started an all women league at some point. Kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet. Women haven't had it easy in the gaming world, so I could see them trying to get their own thing going away from men. 

But I'm all for men and women competing against each other. 

I find this topic interesting because yes it seems like there should be no difference when it comes to ability in gaming between males and females but how come in the pro world of League of Legends or Teamfight Tactics there are literally zero female pros? I don't get why the leagues are completely male dominated when there should be no difference in skill between males and females.

31 minutes ago, lludawg said:

I find this topic interesting because yes it seems like there should be no difference when it comes to ability in gaming between males and females but how come in the pro world of League of Legends or Teamfight Tactics there are literally zero female pros? I don't get why the leagues are completely male dominated when there should be no difference in skill between males and females.

Maybe it's like pro sports. You have to have a certain skill level and abilities to make the cut, and there weren't any women who went for it that made the cut. Or that there just weren't any women interested in joining the teams. I don't know, as I don't really pay any kind of attention to eSports, so I could just be talking out of my ass. More of us in the league, would be nice to see though.

On 5/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, lludawg said:

I agree, females are equal to men and should play in the same leagues. It should be at least for starters until we develop esports leagues around the globe.