Register Now
Kane99

Nintendo Isn't Backing Down On Its Decision To Pull Mario Products From Stores This Month

Ugh, Nintendo, please don't. Remember when they said that some of their games and products will only be available up until March 31st, well they're taking that very seriously and are still planning to take the products off the market. What products am I speaking of. They are below. 

Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light 

Super Mario Bros. 35

Super Mario Game & Watch system

Super Mario Maker's online services shut down

You can read more about it here - Nintendo Life

Do you think they will keep producing these products? I really wanted that game and watch handheld, but I don't feel like shelling out $50, and now if they stop making them, it's only going to go up in price. 😞 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Do you think they will keep producing these products?

One thing I have to give to Nintendo is their consistency. Consistent arrogance and incompetence, sure, but their immovability makes their actions - and thus our purchasing decisions - easy to predict. It's almost admirable that they're unconcerned with impotent rage from people who will unquestioningly buy their products and services, instead of chasing trends and pleasing crowds.

This isn't to say I agree with what they're doing, as the ludicrous management exibited here would obliterate any company that wasn't Big N. I'd find it astonishing if I wasn't further descending the cavernous bowels of disappointment.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

So are they discontinuing Mario games?

Yes and no. They're only discontinuing the 35th Anniversary games, such as Super Mario Bros. 35 and the Super Mario 3D All-Stars compilation, containing SM64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. The plan was to only produce them for six months in limited quantity as if that's going to make people remember Mario's 35th birthday fondly. As for Super Mario Maker (on Wii U, not Switch), the removal of an online service is understandable if enough people don't use it, but it'll be a shame to see all of people's hard work go to waste. It's business as usual for all other Mario games.

Why the first ever Fire Emblem is being removed from the eShop appears unrelated to the 35th anniversary.

I can't make heads or tails of this either.

Edited by Withywarlock

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

So are they discontinuing Mario games? That doesn’t make any sense to me, as the Mario franchise is obviously their biggest and most successful one. It makes Zelda look like a total flop.

Maybe I’m just too old to get this shit.

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Yes and no. They're only discontinuing the 35th Anniversary games, such as Super Mario Bros. 35 and the Super Mario 3D All-Stars compilation, containing SM64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. The plan was to only produce them for six months in limited quantity as if that's going to make people remember Mario's 35th birthday fondly. As for Super Mario Maker (on Wii U, not Switch), the removal of an online service is understandable if enough people don't use it, but it'll be a shame to see all of people's hard work go to waste. It's business as usual for all other Mario games.

Why the first ever Fire Emblem is being removed from the eShop appears unrelated to the 35th anniversary.

I can't make heads or tails of this either.

Yeah, it's a limited group of games and products that they're no longer producing after March 31st. They won't even be up on the eshop anymore. They announced last year when they came out with the products/games that they were cutting it off on that date, and it seems they're still planning on doing that. 

I think people were hoping Nintendo would see that fans wanted these games and products, but maybe it wasn't enough. It just feels like they're going to give scalpers more options. Just wait, that Mario Game & Watch is going to blow up in price because of this. It's like Nintendo never learns. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think there must be something cooking in their kitchen otherwise why would they take things off the shelves? I assume there must be some sort of the plan going on. 

Who knows, but I feel it's being done because they want fans to complain about it and push for said products to stay on the marketplace. It's a bit weird though, considering these games are popular enough and I can see them selling well after March 31st.