Register Now
Kane99

Best Mortal Kombat Game

Which Mortal Kombat game do you think would be considered the best? I think it'd be a bit tough to decide, as I can see fans picking various games. I grew up with the first few games, but didn't keep up 100% with the series. I know some fans would say some of the later games are better. 

What do you think though? Which one is the best of the series? 

I have to say the first one. The graphics were sleek, and ahead of their time. The amount of blood and gore was great. The moves were innovative, the voice acting was great, and the finishing moves were awesome. But after that, they seemed to decline in those qualities, and got too generic. I think it was Smoke that was more or less just a mechanical Scorpion.

Sad.

The first one wins for me because of nostalgia mostly. I think some would argue the 3rd game was when it kind of hit its prime though. I think it had to do with the advanced gameplay, graphics and the amount of characters the game saw. But I've mostly played the first game and most of the Trilogy set that came out on the PS1. 

Mortal Kombat 9, it's smooth, it's crisp, it's fast paced and it practically collaborates the first three games into one remastered game. I like how they went back to the traditional 2d battle system as well. Also looking forward to mkx!

The First three. After that they went kind of bad, there were still a few OK ones later but there are so many iterations now I can't even follow. Besides they outed themselves as the worst kind of hypocrites, so I'm never buying any mortal kombat ever again.

15 hours ago, m76 said:

The First three. After that they went kind of bad, there were still a few OK ones later but there are so many iterations now I can't even follow. Besides they outed themselves as the worst kind of hypocrites, so I'm never buying any mortal kombat ever again.

I missed something again. What did they do?

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I missed something again. What did they do?

Well they said "bikiniarmor" is removed because of realism since it is not very effective at protecting the wearer. But half the men in the game are naked from the torso up. So it's clear there were political reasons behind the covering of female characters. Evil male gaze and whatnot, I don't have time for that kind of bs.

21 minutes ago, m76 said:

Well they said "bikiniarmor" is removed because of realism since it is not very effective at protecting the wearer. But half the men in the game are naked from the torso up. So it's clear there were political reasons behind the covering of female characters. Evil male gaze and whatnot, I don't have time for that kind of bs.

That is an interesting point. I think most of the newer games had clothed characters, but I could be wrong. 

My vote goes to Mortal Kombat Trilogy with great lore expansion and a whole host of new and interesting characters that really made the story come alive. Also, this is the first time we ever got an unmasked Sub Zero and he was one of the best characters in the game ironically.

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The game actually has a story? I thought it was just fighting

It does but the story got a reboot and also certain things were retconned from the original story so the game's lore is all over the place.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:43 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

The last title I played was a ps2 game. What is the series like these days? Is there still a million moves to learn and another billion from a cheat magazine???

Nah. They kinda dumbed it down for younger audiences - fatalities are far easier to execute and the combos are far easier to pull off as well. In addition to that, you can use the environment to damager your opponent (depending on the stage of course).