Register Now
Kane99

Will newer games start releasing on Gamepass earlier?

Gamepass has become huge for Xbox and Microsoft that I'm starting to see newer games pop up on it more often these days. We already get exclusive releases day one for no additional cost, and I've seen other new games (non exclusives I think) coming out on gamepass. Do you think that more new releases from 3rd party publishers/teams will come out earlier on gamepass than usual? 

I do wonder if at some point, all new releases will be added in. That's dreaming on my end, but it would be cool. 

It does seem as though more games will be coming to Xbox Game Pass early up on release which I think is great. I think we have already had a few games that have come to game pass on release so that is a great start. With the purchase of the studios that Microsoft has now gone through or almost through it's looking like we may be getting a lot newer releases day one on Xbox Game Pass. I was hearing that all Call of Duty's will also be coming to Game Pass when that deal is finally finalized, and I did also hear that newer Call of Duty's will be coming to Game Pass Day one as well. If that is the case, that will be great for Microsoft and Game Pass!

2 hours ago, Shortie said:

It does seem as though more games will be coming to Xbox Game Pass early up on release which I think is great. I think we have already had a few games that have come to game pass on release so that is a great start. With the purchase of the studios that Microsoft has now gone through or almost through it's looking like we may be getting a lot newer releases day one on Xbox Game Pass. I was hearing that all Call of Duty's will also be coming to Game Pass when that deal is finally finalized, and I did also hear that newer Call of Duty's will be coming to Game Pass Day one as well. If that is the case, that will be great for Microsoft and Game Pass!

Yeah it seems to be happening that way. Especially since even some third party titles are releasing day one on Gamepass. 

Call of Duty will likely be day one on gamepass going forward. I should check, but I'm going to guess that COD is already available on gamepass, but I could be wrong. Would be dope if they re-released all COD titles on gamepass, cause I wouldn't mind revisiting some of the classics like Black Ops, and even MW3 (one of my personal faves). 

On 10/31/2022 at 5:49 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah it seems to be happening that way. Especially since even some third party titles are releasing day one on Gamepass. 

Call of Duty will likely be day one on gamepass going forward. I should check, but I'm going to guess that COD is already available on gamepass, but I could be wrong. Would be dope if they re-released all COD titles on gamepass, cause I wouldn't mind revisiting some of the classics like Black Ops, and even MW3 (one of my personal faves). 

At the moment none of the COD games are on Game Pass as it stands but I have heard that will be changing once the deal fully goes through. I am hearing that all Call of Duty titles will be available through Game Pass including newer one's day one. I think we will find out more once the deal has fully gone through with Activision and Microsoft and then they will have more rights as to what they can do. It's going to be exciting to see what the future hold for Call of Duty once the deal goes through.