Register Now
Kane99

Humble Bundle Choice - Anyone subscribe to it?

Has anyone here subbed to the Humble Bundle Choice service? I think it gets you a slew of games you can get each month. I checked their plans, and they have three. The first one is the trove access, and I think it gets you a list of games in that area for $4.99 a month. The Basic plan gets you 3 games a month for $14.99 and the premium plan nets you 12 games (original 9 for $19.99) for a total of $12 a month. Not a bad deal. But does anyone here sub to this service? Is it worth it? 

I've been a Humble shopper for a good many years now, so when Choice was announced I subscribed to be 'grandfather-ed' into the Classic plan, which is no longer available. The idea being that I can pay the same price I used to (~$10/£8 a month) for the most amount of games, which is supposed to be 10 but for the past few months it's been all 12 games, contrary to the "THIS MONTH ONLY!!1!!1one" advertisements they've had.

Objectively speaking it is always value for money. You always get more than what you pay for, but it's like any bundle service: it's only worth paying for if you're going to play the games you're paying for. As for what subscription tier you go for it depends on what games you want. You can wait for a sale, or if you're on the Epic Games Launcher, you can wait for them to go free on there, but such things aren't guaranteed.

While I do think Humble's quality has gone downhill over the years, even before the popular scapegoat of the IGN acquisition, I'm not so spoiled by the bargains PC gaming has afforded me to think Choice is a bad deal. That said, if I were paying any more than a currently do (and I get the feeling Humble will scrap the Classic plan because it's too good), I'd be re-evaluating how easily I spend money on this subscription.

TL;DR  - It's as good as the games within, and how much you'd pay to get the ones within. It's a lot better for disclosure than it was when it was Humble Monthly.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, Withywarlock said:

I've been a Humble shopper for a good many years now, so when Choice was announced I subscribed to be 'grandfather-ed' into the Classic plan, which is no longer available. The idea being that I can pay the same price I used to (~$10/£8 a month) for the most amount of games, which is supposed to be 10 but for the past few months it's been all 12 games, contrary to the "THIS MONTH ONLY!!1!!1one" advertisements they've had.

Objectively speaking it is always value for money. You always get more than what you pay for, but it's like any bundle service: it's only worth paying for if you're going to play the games you're paying for. As for what subscription tier you go for it depends on what games you want. You can wait for a sale, or if you're on the Epic Games Launcher, you can wait for them to go free on there, but such things aren't guaranteed.

While I do think Humble's quality has gone downhill over the years, even before the popular scapegoat of the IGN acquisition, I'm not so spoiled by the bargains PC gaming has afforded me to think Choice is a bad deal. That said, if I were paying any more than a currently do (and I get the feeling Humble will scrap the Classic plan because it's too good), I'd be re-evaluating how easily I spend money on this subscription.

TL;DR  - It's as good as the games within, and how much you'd pay to get the ones within. It's a lot better for disclosure than it was when it was Humble Monthly.

You make a lot of great poins. I feel the same way in regards to humble bundle in general. I've purchased a few myself, but I can't ever see myself subscribing to their choice service, because I feel like I would have too much to play and no time to play them all. So for me, it'd probably be pointless.

But, I have used codes from humble bundle for giveaways, so that's another option you could use it for if you want. 🙂 

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

I thought about it twice then I realized they do release pretty crappy 8 bit and arcade stuff and kind of waste your money in the name of indie. so avoid that decision. 

Also true, End of the day they will impress you with a game that makes people to join. Still you still can get hold of games vheap without paying monthly subs

What about that. On the home page it's written that they provide 12 games for $12 a month. But when I checked their catalogue (best selling), the price of games are showing price of around 30-60bucks? Do we need to pay even after subscription? 🙄

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

What about that. On the home page it's written that they provide 12 games for $12 a month. But when I checked their catalogue (best selling), the price of games are showing price of around 30-60bucks? Do we need to pay even after subscription? 🙄

Seriously, I hate misleading information especially designed to drag people and then provide another total information. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I hate misleading information especially designed to drag people and then provide another total information. 

I don't think that's misleading, but I guess there's more to their terms and conditions. Probably , the 12 games that you can choose is not every single game. I think they have special catalogue to chose from. 😆

Just now, Razor1911 said:

I don't think that's misleading, but I guess there's more to their terms and conditions. Probably , the 12 games that you can choose is not every single game. I think they have special catalogue to chose from. 😆

They just need to be more transparent is what's most important to me. If all the facts are clear, then no one would have any issues. 

13 minutes ago, Heatman said:

They just need to be more transparent is what's most important to me. If all the facts are clear, then no one would have any issues. 

Exactly what I was thinking. Their terms should be crisp and clear. Even in their subscribing page, there was not written any terms of the membership. Obviously any new member would fall prey to their membership without even knowing what is really getting provided here. 🙄

Edited by Razor1911