Register Now
Kane99

Do you create your own servers for games?

Do you create your own servers for games? As in a server you can host your own world/map/game etc. I hate playing on public servers, so I tend to delve into private ones. But, I would rather make my own servers for these games. Any tips on how to actually get started with this? 

I just or should say we host from our system, save money rather then getting a server or trying to run our own. End of the day we had a server running in the passed but failed to keep it active and also people just fucked it all up. I mean FS19 server people just left cars and crap allover the place and did not cleanup.

Eco server we had, got inactive after two week from being active and the server owner closed it down since he was paying for nothing. Then we just stick to, when we play we have one person to host.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I tend to create my own lobbies in GTA V online nowadays because of the sheer amount of hackers on the random lobbies. I can deal with tryhards and grievers but hackers and cheaters annoy the living hell out of me.

Going to get that on anything, even if you try and get your own lobby they still or had people join. End of the day you get them and they always can be nice or they take away what you have. 

THat's is why I do not play GTA online like I used to do, but FiveM related or maybe FIvePD. 

One thing I want to mention, is that I feel private servers are ideal in some regards. Like for example, I hear Rust is pretty rough on public servers, like there's very small chance of you surviving. I know that's kind of what comes with the territory with Rust, but it's a bit too chaotic to start. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I tend to create my own lobbies in GTA V online nowadays because of the sheer amount of hackers on the random lobbies. I can deal with tryhards and grievers but hackers and cheaters annoy the living hell out of me.

Yeah I need to start up my own server. I want to figure out how to use mods and such, and want to stay away from any public servers. I hope I can do that stuff in private ones though. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I need to start up my own server. I want to figure out how to use mods and such, and want to stay away from any public servers. I hope I can do that stuff in private ones though. 

I mean you can create your own RP servers with it's own set of rules and such. I'm not quite sure how to go about this but a quick Google and Youtube search should suffice.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:26 AM, skyfire said:

I thought about deploying the Minecraft server but then learned it all costs money and it's better to bow out of it than spending a lot of money later. 

Set up any game server especially unofficial ones do take a bit of funding to get started. It's a very smart idea to wait until you can cover at least 5 times the cost of setting up the server before you actually go through with it. That way, you can cover any expenses that may pop up from time to time.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:19 AM, skyfire said:

Minecraft setup is kind of work to get into but a lot of people are doing it and setting up VPS with it.

Minecraft has its own dedicated fanbase so it's to be expected. Although the game has never appealed to me, people love modding the hell out of Minecraft.

On 2/13/2022 at 4:45 AM, killamch89 said:

Minecraft has its own dedicated fanbase so it's to be expected. Although the game has never appealed to me, people love modding the hell out of Minecraft.

Yes minecraft and terrarium are some of the games that are heaven for those who like creativity and exploration.