Register Now
Kane99

Evil Inside (PS4/PS5 Horror Game)

This looks to just have been announced, and I gotta admit, it looks pretty decent. It looks to be very inspired by PT, as you can clearly tell by the trailer below and the comparison video after it. Do you think this is a buy for you? I know there's a few hardcore horror fans here, and this looks like something you guys would be into. Check the vids out below and tell us what you think.

And here's a comparison between Evil Inside and PT:

It's funny how other companies just can't replicate the very distinct atmosphere created by Kojima on P.T. Demo, even when they pretty much recreate the house, just like in this game. There's always something missing on all these clones as they can't effectively build tension and horror in a natural way. Only Kojima will be able to bring it back from the grave, I guess. Maybe one day.

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Another acronym I can't identify.

PT?

That's not an acronym. P.T. was actually a game. Developed by Kojima Productions (Under the direction of Hideo Kojima himself) and published by Komani, PT was a first person horror game released on the PS4 as a kind of promo or demo for an unnamed, upcoming horror game, eventfully confirmed as a new Silent Hill game called Silent Hills.  However, that game was cancelled, relationships between Kojima and Komani deteriorated (as I'm sure you're aware) and the ever spiteful publisher removed PT from the PlayStation store, eventually removing a re-download option for those who had actually bought it, because FucKonami. A damn shame that was too as PT was very well received.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:56 PM, Shagger said:

That's not an acronym. P.T. was actually a game. Developed by Kojima Productions (Under the direction of Hideo Kojima himself) and published by Komani, PT was a first person horror game released on the PS4 as a kind of promo or demo for an unnamed, upcoming horror game, eventfully confirmed as a new Silent Hill game called Silent Hills.  However, that game was cancelled, relationships between Kojima and Komani deteriorated (as I'm sure you're aware) and the ever spiteful publisher removed PT from the PlayStation store, eventually removing a re-download option for those who had actually bought it, because FucKonami. A damn shame that was too as PT was very well received.

The relationship between Konami and Kojima is non-existent since this whole thing - It's why he left Konami. He has had issue with their dealings over some other projects but that was the last straw. I was looking forward to this game too - it's a pity I'll never get to play it either...

First person horror seems to be the norm now, but I can't say I'm keen on playing games where you don't see who you're playing as. I'm talking about you, Ethan Winters. 😁

I'll always prefer third person. It's kind of silly seeing other playable characters in cutscenes, yet not Ethan. Not to mention games where you mostly run around, or hide. 

17 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Soundtrack in the trailer is just making me frightened. The trailer is very promising. But I'm not sure about the gameplay, as Steam only provided 6 out of 10. 

Half of the horror games in the market thrive on soundtrack and if they fail at that part it just becomes normal FPS.