Register Now
The Blackangel

NPC Actions That Piss You Off

I had to start a new RDR2 file due to my previous one getting corrupted. I'm currently in Chapter 2 at Horseshoe Overlook. My current objective is to collect the hides I need for the Legend Of The East satchel. But when I'm in camp, I don't know why, every last person there starts bitching at me about how I'm dressed. They keep telling me that I should dress warmer, that I'm going to catch my death, asking "ain't you freezing?" and other shit.

I'M WEARING THE FUCKING DEFAULT OUTFIT

What the hell is going on here? I just want them to shut up, but no one will. How the hell do you get that kind of shit with the DEFAULT settings? This has never happened before, on any of my play throughs. I could switch to my winter gear, but within 30 Arthur starts to get too hot. Do I need to strip naked and ask them if that's any fucking better? If it wasn't for the fact that I have to bring the hides to Pearson for the satchel, I would leave camp and never return. We'll see how god damn much they bitch then. Sure someone will ride out to find me, but I always have the option to tell them to piss off.

I don't know what's going on, but I tried my saved game on my new system and so far it's worked. I just have to wait and see if it gets corrupted again. If it does, then what? What exactly is causing it? Are you playing on ps4? I was at the Blessed Are the Meek story line. Somewhere past it exploring. So its not too far into the game. I'm thinking about starting a new story up to that point, then start my saved game again with all my collectibles and stuff. Do you still have that weird halloween shit in your game? 

Try Cyberpunk on a last gen, i had my NPC glitch all over the room during a cutscene and an enemy teleport to the top of the map that I had to kill to finish a mission and couldn’t get to 🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I had to start a new RDR2 file due to my previous one getting corrupted. I'm currently in Chapter 2 at Horseshoe Overlook. My current objective is to collect the hides I need for the Legend Of The East satchel. But when I'm in camp, I don't know why, every last person there starts bitching at me about how I'm dressed. They keep telling me that I should dress warmer, that I'm going to catch my death, asking "ain't you freezing?" and other shit.

I'M WEARING THE FUCKING DEFAULT OUTFIT

What the hell is going on here? I just want them to shut up, but no one will. How the hell do you get that kind of shit with the DEFAULT settings? This has never happened before, on any of my play throughs. I could switch to my winter gear, but within 30 Arthur starts to get too hot. Do I need to strip naked and ask them if that's any fucking better? If it wasn't for the fact that I have to bring the hides to Pearson for the satchel, I would leave camp and never return. We'll see how god damn much they bitch then. Sure someone will ride out to find me, but I always have the option to tell them to piss off.

Yeah, seems odd they would be asking you to wear something warmer in that area, as if that's the starting outfit, you might actually be too warm for that area with it. Do you have any other jackets/coats you can wear instead? 

I found out yesterday that the fucking cougars in RDR2 are bilingual. They can make the exact same sounds a wolf can make. I was riding through an area and heard a lone wolf. My horse got agitated, so I jumped off, and before I could draw a rifle a god damn cougar jumped on me. Luckily I killed it. But after I killed it, all was quiet. I even rode around trying to find the supposed wolves, because those things don't run. Nothing. The cougar was the only animal. And by only I mean there wasn't even a squirrel or cardinal in the area.

That (while technically not an NPC) was something that pissed me off, because the wolves aren't nearly as aggressive as the god damn cougars in the game.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I found out yesterday that the fucking cougars in RDR2 are bilingual. They can make the exact same sounds a wolf can make. I was riding through an area and heard a lone wolf. My horse got agitated, so I jumped off, and before I could draw a rifle a god damn cougar jumped on me. Luckily I killed it. But after I killed it, all was quiet. I even rode around trying to find the supposed wolves, because those things don't run. Nothing. The cougar was the only animal. And by only I mean there wasn't even a squirrel or cardinal in the area.

That (while technically not an NPC) was something that pissed me off, because the wolves aren't nearly as aggressive as the god damn cougars in the game.

The bears are the ones I typically fear because those things are like tanks but I love capturing NPCs and feeding them to the crocs. It never gets old.

Oh, another thing I can't stand, is when a developer doesn't make it easy to get past an NPC. For example, I don't know how many times an NPC character has blocked me from leaving a room through the doorway and often times I get stuck on geometry because of NPCs. 

Also when you have partner AI that is stupid and can't provide cover fire in games. Fun times. 😄 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The bears are the ones I typically fear because those things are like tanks but I love capturing NPCs and feeding them to the crocs. It never gets old.

Is there a bear I'm not encountering? Most of the time I take down the grizzly bears in one shot. The black bears are harder to take down because they run away all the time, and usually into the trees. So it's hard to even get a shot on them.

32 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Is there a bear I'm not encountering? Most of the time I take down the grizzly bears in one shot. The black bears are harder to take down because they run away all the time, and usually into the trees. So it's hard to even get a shot on them.

It's mainly the black bears I'm talking but earlier in the game grizzlies gave me a challenge as well.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:49 AM, The Burnout Kid said:

In Far Cry 5 when you're driving any sort of vehicle on the ground NPC's will just dart out into the street right when your coming and then you end up hitting them. It doesn't really piss me off but it puzzles me more so honestly. 

It happens all the time in GTA too especially cops and then you get some unwarranted wanted level. I'm like why would you seriously do that?!

There's a random encounter in RDR2 outside St Denis where you come up on a man on a horse who is at deaths door. He asks you to get him to the doctor. You get him on your horse and race into town. I was doing that on a previous save, when someone in town decided it was a good idea to walk out in front of me. The horse tripped and we both went flying. I got a murder charge from that and had to race like hell out of town. I was more than pissed.