Register Now
Kane99

Do you still have some of your old demo discs?

I have an envelope full of demo discs from the PS1/PS2. I don't know why I keep them, as I don't think they're really worth anything yet. Most of them are PlayStation magazine demo discs. I remember getting them from a local grocery store and remember them costing a lot. 

Does anyone here still have a collection of demo discs? Maybe from the ps1, ps2, xbox, gamecube, etc. Pretty much any disc based demo. I think the last demos came out for the PS3 and 360, at least physically. 

I think I have a few demos from when Burger King was giving them away with kids meals for my PC, and one demo game for a PS1 game. 

shoot I even have the silly VR demo disc they give you when you buy the headset from Sony

On 3/14/2021 at 3:51 PM, Syntax said:

I think I have a few demos from when Burger King was giving them away with kids meals for my PC, and one demo game for a PS1 game. 

shoot I even have the silly VR demo disc they give you when you buy the headset from Sony

Burger King used to give  away demos?! Wow, how did we not get those?

Got a couple. One has a MGS demo on and Alfred Chicken. There was another one with the top down football game and Point Blank I think. I even got old windows disks 🙂 from those years of at school and collage, WIndows 98 and older. 

On 3/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, skyfire said:

I can see some of the old cartridges of some of the mitashi, SEGA and few other console discs. I hope to get rid of them on ebay and maybe other of the CDs and DVDs eventually too. 

I hope you sell them at reasonable enough prices XD

Not worth much anymore because I have not tested their state as of now. No idea about it's price in scrap or those you know recycle type of places. I do however think that some collectible people may get them but not sure. 

On 3/10/2021 at 11:01 PM, killamch89 said:

I do have this one PS2 demo CD with the original Ratchet & Clank and Primal. As a matter of fact, it was this very same CD that got me to buy the full Ratchet & Clank game.

I had the same experience! Somehow I got the PS2 demo disc and kept playing it over and over. Eventually I got the full version as a gift. Such a fun game.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:32 AM, Empire said:

The discs that I have now are never get to be used and soon, no idea if I'm going to keep them. My PC does not have a disc driver anyway. 

You can keep them as souvenirs I guess. Who knows? They may just be worth thousands of dollars decades from now.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:59 PM, skyfire said:

I can see some of the old cartridges of some of the mitashi, SEGA and few other console discs. I hope to get rid of them on ebay and maybe other of the CDs and DVDs eventually too. 

I'm not really if anyone is actually to be purchasing it from ebay because my brother's own have been there for a while now and nothing. 

I have a dozen demo disks left for computer and xbox games still. A few of them I have finally gotten around to getting the updated remastered versions of the games. Still though, I wish some of the games that are on those discs, were still available. A few of them are now in the domain of the companies being bought out, or defunct, and no one is manufacturing copies of those games anymore.

On 8/21/2021 at 5:43 AM, Joshua Farrell said:

I have a dozen demo disks left for computer and xbox games still. A few of them I have finally gotten around to getting the updated remastered versions of the games. Still though, I wish some of the games that are on those discs, were still available. A few of them are now in the domain of the companies being bought out, or defunct, and no one is manufacturing copies of those games anymore.

If you're a good collector, you're definitely going to have some of them. I'm sure there are some of them locked in my old box in my attic.