Register Now
The Blackangel

Have you ever wondered.....Am I the only one?

Has anyone wondered this when it comes to games? What I'm meaning here is there are several of the biggest franchises, that I just don't get into. And it seems all the time like I'm the only person in the gaming universe that isn't playing it. Things like GTA and Pokemon. I just don't play them, and I have tried both. I kept waiting for the fun parts that I had heard so much about, but they never came. Now it seems I'm the only person alive who doesn't play either one. There are other titles, but at the moment those are the only two I can think of. And they're most likely the biggest two franchise's. Sometimes I feel really out of place and weird (more so than usual considering I'm weird as hell anyway) when everyone talks about these games. It's like you guys are clued into some major thing, while I'm sitting there scratching my ass like a damn monkey doing a math problem. So who's the one who needs to get smacked upside the head? The monkey, or the one that gave it the fucking math problem to solve?

I'm scratching myself too. The thing is, is that those popular games actually are good once you get into them. But, we have different tastes and different needs to please our gaming entertainment. I've got GTA 4 and 5; played the beginning of both. Thought it was cool, then got hooked on something more pleasurable that I like to play. MGS 5 I thought was cool, but the military genre just doesn't keep me thinking about it while falling asleep. Don't beat yourself up for not liking popular things. For myself, it seems I have jumped all over the place to try every genre, but I know what I like now. Eventually I want to sit down and enjoy GTA, but I'm sure there will be a GTA 6 out by then. My dumbass will start at GTA 4 thinking I'm gonna play them all, then I'll get tired of the GTA 4 and forget about GTA 6 while I found something else to play that came along. That has been my life since I flopped out of my mom's p^^^^

On 3/15/2021 at 3:57 AM, killamch89 said:

Every gamer is unique - For instance, there are some popular series I also don't like like Madden or 2K. Don't knock yourself over it, you like what you like - As long as you enjoy what you play, that's the point of gaming. 

Seriously, that's exactly what most gamers should learn how to do because there is no way you would expect yourself to have everything go according to how you like it. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's exactly what most gamers should learn how to do because there is no way you would expect yourself to have everything go according to how you like it. 

If we took that approach to life we wouldn't have so much wars because of differences in opinion or preference.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If we took that approach to life we wouldn't have so much wars because of differences in opinion or preference.

Seriously, I wonder why we keep making life difficult and stressful for ourselves over something we are supposed to enjoy.