Register Now
Lord Saru

Cyberpunk 2077

I have no idea what happened to cyberpunk. It was supposed to be released by September 2020 but the data breach around that time delayed the release. 

I am not a big fan of the idea, but all my friends are going crazy over it and I think playing cyberpunk 2077 with them is going to be amazing. 

Any idea whats happening? 

10 hours ago, Lord Saru said:

I have no idea what happened to cyberpunk. It was supposed to be released by September 2020 but the data breach around that time delayed the release. 

I am not a big fan of the idea, but all my friends are going crazy over it and I think playing cyberpunk 2077 with them is going to be amazing. 

Any idea whats happening? 

Steam has long been available for purchase and play. Or are you talking about something else?

The short version is the game launched back in December 2020 in the worst possible way with game buggy and unpolished on PC and even worse on PS4 and XB1 to the point it was basically unplayable. It was soon pulled from sale on the digital stores for PlayStation and Xbox and, as far as I know, it hasn't been put back on sale yet. CDPR made this mess even worse by not giving out review copies on console and not allowing reviewers to use their own gameplay footage in their video reviews. In other words, the knew the game was busted and tried to cover it up. 

To some up, the launch was a complete disaster. 

I pre-ordered it on PC, and finished playing it twice, racked up 110 hours of gameplay, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It is not a legendary game, but a pretty damn good one, and the rumours that it is unplayable or completely broken is just hearsay perpetuated by the uninformed for the PC version. It had some bugs at release, but the main ones were fixed within weeks, now it is perfectly fine to play on PC, has been since January.

I cannot speak for the console versions, but I suspect the problems are wildly exaggerated there as well. I'm not saying it does not have issues, I'm saying it is probably not as bad as they say. Similar to Mass Effect Andromeda.

Much of the raging has nothing to do with the game's state or the number of bugs, but with the unrealistic expectations that some people had. Based on misunderstanding interviews or simply thinking something will be in the game that isn't.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an awesome game that is a must have if you like the genre. But it is recommended to play it on a hi-end PC, anything else will give a compromised experience.

Edited by m76

The other comments pretty much explain the situation but I'd recommend staying away from this game. Not just because it is a buggy mess but the source code for the game itself was stolen and sold on the black market. In other words, should you try to mod this game or download any content, you may run the risk of a hacker having access to your computer and that would be terrible for you.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:16 AM, killamch89 said:

The other comments pretty much explain the situation but I'd recommend staying away from this game. Not just because it is a buggy mess but the source code for the game itself was stolen and sold on the black market. In other words, should you try to mod this game or download any content, you may run the risk of a hacker having access to your computer and that would be terrible for you.

And I just said don't spread misinformation. You have condensed so much that is false in this post 🤨

1. There are three kinds of people when it comes to Cyberpunk on PC. The first one who never played it but says it's unplayable, the second who played it and says it's playable just fine on PC, but missing some features they expected. And the third who says it's great as is.  So who would you trust, the person who spreads hearsay or those who actually played the game?

2. A version of the source code being stolen is meaningless. Just because someone has a version of the source does not mean they can compile it into a working program.  And regardless, someone disguising malware as a "mod" can happen without that just as easily. It's up to you to avoid files from disreputable sources  Especially mods that contain executable files. 

43 minutes ago, m76 said:

And I just said don't spread misinformation. You have condensed so much that is false in this post 🤨

1. There are three kinds of people when it comes to Cyberpunk on PC. The first one who never played it but says it's unplayable, the second who played it and says it's playable just fine on PC, but missing some features they expected. And the third who says it's great as is.  So who would you trust, the person who spreads hearsay or those who actually played the game?

I'm sorry, but I don't recall anybody saying the game was unplayable on PC. That description was aimed mostly at the console versions, versions you admit you haven't played, but still you apparently have the right to say "people exaggerated"? What sense does that make when you accuse everyone who speaks ill of the game of lying?. Don't go around accusing people of spreading misinformation whilst saying something that isn't true because hypocrisy doesn't look good on anyone.

I admit I haven't played Cyberpunk2077 yet, mostly because I knew this game was in trouble well before the game came out and so avoided pre-ordering it. Now, I'm waiting for the game to come back out on console because by then I'll be confident enough to expect the game that should have been delivered in first place. I've looked at multiple reviews and coverage of the game and that's fed my believe it was not ready, and I've not got that confidence in the game yet I don't think how I feel is unjustified. I'm also well within my right to say to someone "it's probably better to wait" when they are thinking about buying it. 

You bought the game and saw a minimum amount of problems and enjoyed it, good for you, but that doesn't mean everyone had the same experience. The general consensus between reviewers, youtubers and the gaming community is that the game was buggy and unpolished. It's good to hear from you that the game improved, don't doubt that and know it's appreciated, but show some due respect if it's not too much trouble. 

Edited by Shagger

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm sorry, but I don't recall anybody saying the game was unplayable on PC. That description was aimed mostly at the console versions,

Killmach89 levied it carte blanche without specifying that it's about the console version. And you also incinuated they are both bad, just the console version being slightly worse.

versions you admit you haven't played, but still you apparently have the right to say "people exaggerated"? What sense does that make when you accuse everyone who speaks ill of the game of lying?. Don't go around accusing people of spreading misinformation whilst saying something that isn't true because hypocrisy doesn't look good on anyone.

I'm making an educaded guess that they are exaggerating based on the disparity between the actual state of the PC version and what is spreading on the internet about it.

And don't put words in my mouth please, I never said they were lying, I said they are spreading misinformation and hearsay. I'm sure they believe the game is bad, but I have first hand experience with it that says otherwise. I'm not going to deny my first hand experience because of people who never played any version of the game at all.

I admit I haven't played Cyberpunk2077 yet, mostly because I knew this game was in trouble well before the game came out and so avoided pre-ordering it. Now, I'm waiting for the game to come back out on console because by then I'll be confident enough to expect the game that should have been delivered in first place. I've looked at multiple reviews and coverage of the game and that's fed my believe it was not ready, and I've not got that confidence in the game yet I don't think how I feel is unjustified. I'm also well within my right to say to someone "it's probably better to wait" when they are thinking about buying it. 

For the console version I'd be tempted to check it out to see for myself, had it not been removed from the store. But for the PC version I don't think there is a point in waiting, unless you wait for a better PC.

You bought the game and saw a minimum amount of problems and enjoyed it, good for you, but that doesn't mean everyone had the same experience. The general consensus between reviewers, youtubers and the gaming community is that the game was buggy and unpolished. It's good to hear from you that the game improved, don't doubt that and know it's appreciated, but show some due respect if it's not too much trouble.

The so called consensus of the internet is based on the opinion pieces of youtubers who thrive on hateclicks, and their vieweres spread what they hear like the gospel. The actual consensus of players who played the game is very different. If you check discussions about the game, it shows the same story as in the case of The Last of us 2 or Mass Effect Andromeda. Most who played it loved it, only a few who played it say it's not great, and the only people convinced it is bad are those who didn't play it, but heard the consensus of the tube, and took it upon themselves to convince everyone about its ultimate thruth.

I think cyberpunk is too much chewed in discussions. Like there are so many threads with speculation, criticism and things for them are not going good. I hope it wont end up as the industries dead horse and people choose to beat them till they exit.