Register Now
Lord Saru

Worst game adaptations

What are some of the worst game adaptations that you have come across? I think, in my opinion, it is Harry Potter games. EA gaming seems to have not done any justice to the way the movie or the book goes. 

Despite the huge number of possibilities the game makers could have exploited, nothing in the game is reflective of that magical environment. What do you think? 

EA's adaptation of the Star Wars Universe has been nothing short of abysmal to say the least. The only two games that come away with any kind of credit are The Fallen Order and Star Wars Squadrons. The rest have been so terrible, I'd never wish my worst enemy to play any games like that.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, The Blackangel said:

Superman64

I need say no more.

That's true. It was an abomination to say the least. As a matter of fact, when people are trying to argue the point that superhero games always flop, Spuerman 64 is usually one of the games mentioned which says a lot.

On 3/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, Lord Saru said:

What are some of the worst game adaptations that you have come across? I think, in my opinion, it is Harry Potter games. EA gaming seems to have not done any justice to the way the movie or the book goes. 

That is standard EA - Check out the Star Wars series of games they have released over the past 6 years. Most of them are straight garbage and only two get a passable grade.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:46 PM, Rekynnnanl said:

I agree. Harry Potter games are my biggest disappointment

Seriously, they completely butchered Harry Potter game with its adaptation compared to the initial story. I felt like they didn't really plan on making it unique.