Register Now
Patrik

Games with the highest number of DLC's

No doupt @Crazycrab is right, I actually forgot about Star Citizen. That $2,500 ship is the tip of an iceberg. You have to pay for additional character slots, pay for name changes, pay for the games single player component Squadron 42 (something that was promiced to be indluded in the original Kickstarter) and its pay-to-win with upgrades and boosters available as a pay or grind option. Then, there's this;

Tavern-Upload-Image-4012-1527374752.thumb.png.df5e8215f6f0173c4ccf896b63a75c75.png

And that $27,000 isn't even the real price. One must have spent at least $1,000 on other purchases just to "earn the right" to even buy this. All this in, as crab said, a game still in pre-alpha after almost a decade, has generated over $300 million in crowfunding and is not free to play. Maybe that's why I forgot about this "game", because it's not a game, it's a scam. 

Edited by Shagger

On 3/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, Shagger said:

To me, the winner must be the The Sims 4. The standard game is barely even a fraction of the actual game. There are so many expansion packs that expansion packs are available for the expansion packs, it's unbelievable. EA, they do what they do.

I agree because I have the base game and every other month I always get a notification that another DLC is coming out.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, Crazycrab said:

DOA 5 and 6 have to be up there.  They each have hundreds of costumes across multiple season passes at a total cost of up to around $1000 for everything.  Bloody insane.

This is a fact.

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

$67.50, is that all?  SC has you trumped big time 😄!

Star Citizen is NOT free to play, you get NO free ships, is not finished nor is it likely to ever be and the most expensive single ship is the Javalin at $2500.

Star Citizen is at $350 Billion at the time of writing and they're no closer to releasing that pyramid scheme of a game. Star Citizen has to be one of the longest running scams ever.

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

$67.50, is that all?  SC has you trumped big time 😄!

Star Citizen is NOT free to play, you get NO free ships, is not finished nor is it likely to ever be and the most expensive single ship is the Javalin at $2500.

That's that starting price of $67.50 - But DAMN why so much money for just a DLCs for a game. I mean 747 for P3d is $180 for the ful pack lol

On 3/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, Empire said:

That's that starting price of $67.50 - But DAMN why so much money for just a DLCs for a game. I mean 747 for P3d is $180 for the ful pack lol

The game has made $300 million which is around the budget of AAA titles such as GTA V yet it's no closer to being released.

On 3/20/2021 at 5:25 PM, Shagger said:

No doupt @Crazycrab is right, I actually forgot about Star Citizen. That $2,500 ship is the tip of an iceberg. You have to pay for additional character slots, pay for name changes, pay for the games single player component Squadron 42 (something that was promiced to be indluded in the original Kickstarter) and its pay-to-win with upgrades and boosters available as a pay or grind option. Then, there's this;

Tavern-Upload-Image-4012-1527374752.thumb.png.df5e8215f6f0173c4ccf896b63a75c75.png

And that $27,000 isn't even the real price. One must have spent at least $1,000 on other purchases just to "earn the right" to even buy this. All this in, as crab said, a game still in pre-alpha after almost a decade, has generated over $300 million in crowfunding and is not free to play. Maybe that's why I forgot about this "game", because it's not a game, it's a scam. 

damn lol, is there any news about someone spending the whole 27 grands (or even more) on this game?