Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most boring dungeons in video games

The water temple in Zelda OoT. Changing boots every few seconds, changing the water level constantly, going through the same room multiple times. It's just the same fucking thing, over and over and over. And to top it off, the boss key is so damn well hidden, that without a guide, you're most likely never going to find it, unless you're the luckiest son of a bitch alive.

Dungeons aren't boring but rather their execution. Right? It really depends on the game in question, I do minde dungeons in games like WoW, Diablo, Borderlands etc with things like respawning bosses and huge loot pools, places I can just grind out and learn all the small intricacies of the map. In other games, the Final Fantasy series comes to mind, dungeons tend to become more tiresome and drag on for me.

Much as I love Oblivion, I am loathe to do its tutorial dungeon. On top of tutorial message interrupts and how much mucking about there is (i.e shooting a bucket with a bow and arrow, which admittedly was an impressive demonstration of the physics engine), enemies are spaced out, some are particularly slow to kill (i.e the zombie), and the treasure isn't really worth the extra seconds it adds to exploring. To be honest it's not that part so much as what might as well be forced walking sections with the Blades and the Emperor, which are way too numerous.

Other than that, there's few dungeons in Oblivion I didn't like. A lot of them are repeated layouts, sure, but I still enjoy what's inside.

On 3/22/2021 at 2:05 AM, Withywarlock said:

Much as I love Oblivion, I am loathe to do its tutorial dungeon. On top of tutorial message interrupts and how much mucking about there is (i.e shooting a bucket with a bow and arrow, which admittedly was an impressive demonstration of the physics engine), enemies are spaced out, some are particularly slow to kill (i.e the zombie), and the treasure isn't really worth the extra seconds it adds to exploring. To be honest it's not that part so much as what might as well be forced walking sections with the Blades and the Emperor, which are way too numerous.

Other than that, there's few dungeons in Oblivion I didn't like. A lot of them are repeated layouts, sure, but I still enjoy what's inside.

I agree totally - most of the gates had the same interior layout except some were inversed while some had a few changes but for the most part, they all were pretty much the same.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:11 AM, Empire said:

Dungeons aren't boring but rather their execution. Right? It really depends on the game in question, I do minde dungeons in games like WoW, Diablo, Borderlands etc with things like respawning bosses and huge loot pools, places I can just grind out and learn all the small intricacies of the map. In other games, the Final Fantasy series comes to mind, dungeons tend to become more tiresome and drag on for me.

My brother is an expert when it comes to dungeons play. He's mastered how to get through with ease and I really wish I'm as good as he is.