Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with major security problems

If I remember correctly, this is probably the first time we've seen a gaming company suffer this bad of a setback. The reason I'm so concerned is because the hackers on the dark web are ridiculously skilled and can replicate whole games if they wished and because they probably can re-hack CDPR's systems, they can easily upload their own updates without CDPR being aware of it.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe that the same thing happened with EA gaming company. BBC actually carried the new and the company admitted to it but make it clear no players data was stolen. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/technology-57431987.amp

Yeah - we did cover this in a thread under the Gaming News subcategory. Honestly, I care about the customers/player's data but I couldn't care less about EA or feel any sympathy for them. 

3 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I think the cyberpunk is the most known one, who knows how many quiet hack stolen codes have happened. 

That has been publicly spreaded, that's why we know about this. I am afraid, there might be many other games which were hacked and we don't even know about that.

As @killamch89 mentioned, the dark web is full of skilled hackers. And they can manipulate the server as and when they want, without even getting traced. 🙄

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - we did cover this in a thread under the Gaming News subcategory. Honestly, I care about the customers/player's data but I couldn't care less about EA or feel any sympathy for them. 

Seriously, it's what matters most because when such data are tampered with, the gamers suffers a great deal.