Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games have you bought on launch day?

When I was a kid, I did get Gran Tourismo 2 for PS1 on launch day and I was pretty fortunate to be vacationing in the US at the time so I was able to grab a copy. Otherwise, I'd have to wait until a family member was visiting to carry it with them.

I clearly remember the first game I purchased at release was Test Drive Unlimited in 2006 (Still yet to be dethroned as the best racing game ever)

Before that I didn't have an adequate income so I couldn't really afford to buy games, especially new ones.
Since then I've bought numerous games at launch, it would make a very long list, so I'll only highlight a few titles: Mass Effect 2&3, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, DeusEx HR&MD, Gran Turismo 6, The Last of Us II, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Beyond: Two Souls and the list goes on.

Usually what compels me to buy games is that I have a good feeling about them and expect them to be great.

However doing this is not without risk, sometimes I do end up with games that I don't actually end up playing through. Thankfully this is a relatively short list: Rage 2, Far Cry New Dawn,, C&C Remastered Collection, Ace Combat 7,

On 3/21/2021 at 9:59 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Have you ever bought a game on the day it launched (or pre-ordered it so you would get it then)? What compelled you to pay full price and get it right away, especially if you usually wait to purchase games?

Thanks but I will pass on buying any video games on the launch day. Why in the world would I be in so much haste to play? 

None till now. I wait for the games to start giving discount, or I could find that in local market having cheap price. Then only I go for playing those games. I do have excitement for new games, but it's better to wait for the reviews from other players. 😊

Not very often that I do buy games as soon as they are fully released. Mostly since the cost of the game and also rather wait till they had people complaining about it and then see the price goes down.

• GTA5 for PC
  • Microsoft Flight Sim
  • FarCry 5
  • BF3
  • Snowrunner
  • Firefighter sim

9 hours ago, Empire said:

Not very often that I do buy games as soon as they are fully released. Mostly since the cost of the game and also rather wait till they had people complaining about it and then see the price goes down.

• GTA5 for PC
  • Microsoft Flight Sim
  • FarCry 5
  • BF3
  • Snowrunner
  • Firefighter sim

Those games are pretty good if you got them at a fair or discounted prices. FarCry 5 is my favorite among your list. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

FarCry 5 is my favorite among your list. 

Luvky for mw that FarCry 5 was a gift that I got on the first day of release and only played 40 hours and never got back into the game lol

36 minutes ago, Empire said:

Luvky for mw that FarCry 5 was a gift that I got on the first day of release and only played 40 hours and never got back into the game lol

That's an awesome gift and I'm sure everyone would love to get at that point in time. Why didn't you get back to it? 

On 8/4/2021 at 12:12 PM, Heatman said:

That's an awesome gift and I'm sure everyone would love to get at that point in time. Why didn't you get back to it? 

Other games, New games to old games that I gone back into and also time to fit it in. Just that where I am in the game I just can't get back into the game as I'm at a stuck point.

10 minutes ago, Empire said:

Other games, New games to old games that I gone back into and also time to fit it in. Just that where I am in the game I just can't get back into the game as I'm at a stuck point.

That's definitely going to leave a sore taste in your mouth especially when you really wanted to get back to it but can't because you are stuck.