Register Now
Martin Berisford

Best DLC/Expansion you've seen?

What is the best expansion/add-on or DLC you've found yourself downloading? For me, DLC really comes into life in the simulation games - like Civilization and Cities: Skyline. Really adds a breath of fresh air and puts more on the plate for me to play with. For those types of games, I'll generally always look to purchase as I get a lot of enjoyment from them. I've even had all the expansion packs for the SIMs at one point, it just breathed a bit of new life into it for me!

So what would you say is your favorite DLC pack? Or are you not a fan of DLC at all?

The frozen Wilds expansion for Horizon: Zero Dawn I thought was superb. Challenging, great new story content and side missions, cool and potent new items and added new dynamics to the game. It was also ethically sound have only stated development after the game launched and was fairly priced. 

This is a tough one - I'd have to go with the Conqueror's expansion for Age Of The Empires 2 due to the sheer amount of content it added. I also quite liked the Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim as it introduced another Dragonborn in addition to gaining the ability to take on a kind of Dragon form known as the Dragon Aspect.

Blood and wine was the best expansion I have ever played. In fact it was so amazing I stopped playing the game there (I guess half way through) as I couldn't bring it over me to finish this piese of art with the knowledge that this is the end. I built geralts new home in this beautiful landscape and this is the ending of the game for me. It so light so cheerful I absolutely love it.