Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who here pays for subscription services?

38 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Most of us share that opinion but modern game developers are really tone deaf and the minority that do pay more, spend loads of money per month on it so they don't see any need to change their ways unfortunately.

Exactly, it's still part of the gaming fans that feed their greedy and it's actually impossible to stop that from happening. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Most of us share that opinion but modern game developers are really tone deaf and the minority that do pay more, spend loads of money per month on it so they don't see any need to change their ways unfortunately.

And we can't do anything to that. I mean they have the monopoly in the gaming market, so the gamers are bound to buy the upgrades with money. There's no one to listen to our issues. 🙄

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

And we can't do anything to that. I mean they have the monopoly in the gaming market, so the gamers are bound to buy the upgrades with money. There's no one to listen to our issues. 🙄

Well, you can decide not to buy upgrades if you don't want but it's going to make it very difficult for you to complete the game. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, you can decide not to buy upgrades if you don't want but it's going to make it very difficult for you to complete the game. 

Exactly. The games are crafted that way that it becomes near to impossible to complete some missions without buying upgrades. Even in moderate difficulty, you will find it hard to complete some missions without updating your weapons.🙄

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Exactly. The games are crafted that way that it becomes near to impossible to complete some missions without buying upgrades. Even in moderate difficulty, you will find it hard to complete some missions without updating your weapons.🙄

Seriously, it's a good business strategy that they are making use of if you want to have some relief 😌 when you are playing by getting to spend a little bit more on the game. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's a good business strategy that they are making use of if you want to have some relief 😌 when you are playing by getting to spend a little bit more on the game. 

Hmm. I had experienced in some games like Metro 2033, where some of the missions were too tough. I mean, when you have the option to buy and skip the obstacles, and you do have money you would go with that option only. 😏

3 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Hmm. I had experienced in some games like Metro 2033, where some of the missions were too tough. I mean, when you have the option to buy and skip the obstacles, and you do have money you would go with that option only. 😏

Seriously, that's extortion in my opinion. I'm definitely not going to be open to doing that at all because it's horrible. 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's extortion in my opinion. I'm definitely not going to be open to doing that at all because it's horrible. 

Have you personally had experienced such issues? I normally don't go for such microtransactions that easily, only if it is highly necessary, then only go with that. What about your experience in this regard.🙄

32 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Have you personally had experienced such issues? I normally don't go for such microtransactions that easily, only if it is highly necessary, then only go with that. What about your experience in this regard.🙄

Seriously, I would never get myself into such mix up and for what? I'm no longer a kid not to know when I'm being cheated. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I would never get myself into such mix up and for what? I'm no longer a kid not to know when I'm being cheated. 

That's good. Even I would suggest all others not to buy such things, that will only boost the I'll mentality of the game developers to squeeze out money. 🙄

It may sound odd, but the gaming community must stand against these monopolies of the big companies. 🙄

1 hour ago, TopSilver said:

We pay for Xbox Live and also Netflix. That's about it but it's quite enjoyable nowadays to say the least to at least have a couple subscriptions depending on what they are.

Who doesn't pay for Netflix these days? I think it's on my number one expenses on monthly basis. 

21 hours ago, TopSilver said:

We pay for Xbox Live and also Netflix. That's about it but it's quite enjoyable nowadays to say the least to at least have a couple subscriptions depending on what they are.

I have PS4 but I haven't subscribed to PlayStation Plus yet. First thing, I don't like streaming all my videos, secondly, 2 to 3 games per month is too much for me to cop up with. I don't have that much time to play games like that. It's better to buy individual games as per requirement. 😊

On 8/9/2021 at 11:04 PM, Razor1911 said:

Gamers need to exercise some self-discipline and just stop supporting them. Believe me, they'd change real quickly.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's still part of the gaming fans that feed their greedy and it's actually impossible to stop that from happening. 

That's the unfortunate truth that many other gamers haven't realized...

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Gamers need to exercise some self-discipline and just stop supporting them. Believe me, they'd change real quickly.

That's the unfortunate truth that many other gamers haven't realized...

That is not a practical thing at all. Afterall , gamers community is not confined to a single place or server. For such restructuring, every gamer should come forward, and it's nearly impossible. 😏