Register Now
ZandraJoi

Are you good at improvisation?

Being an introvert, I need time to think. I don’t do well with spontaneity. I like & need to have things written down. I can know the word in my mind, but it just doesn’t come out. Comebacks can take me a bit & by then, the point is gone lol 

Don't worry about messing up, just say screw it and go for it. If you fail, don't be too hard on yourself. The key to adapting to situations spontaneously is to not overthink, remain very calm and believe in yourself. You have to bet on yourself in every situation and even if it doesn't work out, brush yourself off and go again.

I don't plan, I improvise. I react to the situation as it is happening. For all I know, I'll be dead in 5 seconds. So I see no point in planning. I'm not the most witty person, but I have my moments. If I get on a ramble, I'm told I can be funny as hell. A lot of times, I make the situation worse. But it's my choice to live this way. Reaction, not planning.

I find it works the other way around: my composition skills are the basis for my improvisation skills. If you can't write music when you're doing it slowly and planning it out, what makes you think you'll be able to do it on the spot?

3 hours ago, Empire said:

I find it works the other way around: my composition skills are the basis for my improvisation skills. If you can't write music when you're doing it slowly and planning it out, what makes you think you'll be able to do it on the spot?

Because that's how life works. Things happen without any prior notice. You write with emotion, not intention. The only thing anyone can plan for is death. We will all end up there. It's just a question of how. And when.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Because that's how life works. Things happen without any prior notice. You write with emotion, not intention. The only thing anyone can plan for is death. We will all end up there. It's just a question of how. And when.

Ahhhh! You ruined it! Many of us don't know we all die!

To be honest, while I do tend to plan and love when things go according to plan, I can improvise when the situation arises. I live my life knowing that anything can happen in an instant so I'm always in a somewhat ready-to-act state of mind even when I go to sleep.