Register Now
killamch89

MSI GE76 Gaming Laptop Review - The fastest gaming laptop out?

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

I like the design and considering the heat sync and the air management of this design looks good. I wish I could afford this. Pretty good device I am not aware of it's performance though. 

From the test, it's comparable to its desktop 3080 counterpart which means that it's a solid gaming laptop. The only thing is we've yet to see a Ryzen based laptop from MSI. I'm not sure if they have any plans to do either.

People keep saying that the TGP isn't going to make that big of a deal on the 3080s, but the Zephyrus Duo 15 SE was only pulling 27 FPS in Cyberpunk at 4k w/Ray Tracing and DLSS on. And that's not a cheap machine, at $3700.

It's great to see the GE76 hitting 47 fps w/ the exact same settings. Maybe this generation of cards isn't just a dud after all. 🙂

14 hours ago, Empire said:

People keep saying that the TGP isn't going to make that big of a deal on the 3080s, but the Zephyrus Duo 15 SE was only pulling 27 FPS in Cyberpunk at 4k w/Ray Tracing and DLSS on. And that's not a cheap machine, at $3700.

It's great to see the GE76 hitting 47 fps w/ the exact same settings. Maybe this generation of cards isn't just a dud after all. 🙂

The wattage has everything to do with it and also it depends on the 3080 mobile chip in the particular gaming laptop. Remember that you have 3080, 3080 Max-q with three different version and some other variations as well. So comparing them between various gaming laptops, we have to ensure it's the same variation (Nvidia's fault).