Register Now
Martin Berisford

What game do you want to see come out in 2021?

The last year been a bit rubbish for all given the global situation so let's get those minds thinking. Is there a specific game you'd like to see come out this year (whether it's a planned one or a dream addition to the lineup) and why is that game the one you want to see. For me, I've got most of the games I really want to play some I'm going for something that isn't out yet and I've no idea when it's meant to be. But the Timesplitters fan project remake of the game. I'd love for that to make it's way out somewhere, I used to love playing TS when I was younger and I would love to play it again now I'm older. It would be the perfect game for me to come out this year.

What's on your wishlist for 2021?

What I want to see come out is irrelevant, what actually has a chance of coming out that is of interest to me, is maybe the System Shock remake.  And then I draw a blank. 2020 wasn't that bad a year for gaming, there were a few games that I enjoyed. This year nothing, nada, and only have remakes / remasters to look forward to. So my outlook for 2021 is far grimmer than 2020 was.

1 hour ago, m76 said:

What I want to see come out is irrelevant, what actually has a chance of coming out that is of interest to me, is maybe the System Shock remake.  And then I draw a blank. 2020 wasn't that bad a year for gaming, there were a few games that I enjoyed. This year nothing, nada, and only have remakes / remasters to look forward to. So my outlook for 2021 is far grimmer than 2020 was.

I think this year is a transition period with the new systems out, and the spotlight on buggy games, pandemic stalling the work, and the increase of gamers since the pandemic, has left the industry speared in the ribs fighting on one knee. But after the wound and many more battles to fight, I think 2022 will be a big year where things finally come together running down the battlefield against armless midgets. Nobody really wants to release a big game on the last days of the older systems, and so prefers a little more time to work on the games for the newer systems. I am sure there are a lot of excuses for them to wait to release games.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:58 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm going to be honest, I'm not really looking forward to anything this year...maybe RE 8 but that's about it. As @m76 says, there isn't really anything that exciting coming out this year.

Seriously, even if there is something, wouldn't they still end up giving the same kind of thing we are already used that lacks some sort of uniqueness to it. 

On 8/1/2021 at 4:36 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, even if there is something, wouldn't they still end up giving the same kind of thing we are already used that lacks some sort of uniqueness to it. 

It was a pretty good game but it's not that much different from RE 7 which is mostly a good thing but also a bad thing because it really isn't unique. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It was a pretty good game but it's not that much different from RE 7 which is mostly a good thing but also a bad thing because it really isn't unique. 

Square Enix really had their hands full with the developing all Final Fantasy series including the their remakes as well. Should I say that over work really affected some their games?