Register Now
killamch89

Asus Scar 15 Gaming Laptop Review

Looks sexy system, and crazy on the RGB 🥴 So comparing ASUS Scar 15 vs Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, same specs both (Ryzen 7,Nvidia RTX etc), which one you would prefer in terms of build quality, support, panel quality regarding colors, frames etc?

8GB is pointless in that terms but having 32GB is good 😉 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:40 AM, Empire said:

Looks sexy system, and crazy on the RGB 🥴 So comparing ASUS Scar 15 vs Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, same specs both (Ryzen 7,Nvidia RTX etc), which one you would prefer in terms of build quality, support, panel quality regarding colors, frames etc?

8GB is pointless in that terms but having 32GB is good 😉 

If I'm honest, I'd much rather go for the Scar due to the fact that the Legion series gaming laptops typically have heating/throttling issues.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:49 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah that bottom RGB light seems to be bonus. it was not there for the last years model. But I assume they added it for the new years model I assume some people wanted it. 

Actually the RGB light was there on last year's model but it was on the bottom. This year, it's been moved up a bit to the middle portion of the main chassis.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:29 AM, skyfire said:

The thing is compared to the keyboard RGB lights I'd say the bottom RGB is pretty interesting and less distracting. 

I'd have to agree and you have the option to always just turn it off so I'd much rather that than mandatory RGD keyboard lights.

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and the bottom glow can be good for visibility if you are into the dark. And so I have no issues with the bottom RGB. 

That's what I think they were going for anyways - that being said, most gaming laptops are also sold out so it'll be hard getting your hands on one of these.

It looks really awesome and will hold up to many hours of game play. I don't have a gaming laptop, but I do have an Asus and I highly recommend them for the reason that they stay cool! I leave mine on all day long and it doesn't get hot. My old Dell got burning hot in 15 minutes and I hated it.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:21 AM, skyfire said:

Yes Dell get heat issue even in new models. I make use of those laptop only for the casual home usage though. And mostly use the ASUS based gaming laptops both for graphics work and the gaming. 

Especially the Alienware machines, they always have heating issues and it's ironic because their laptops are always so bulky so you'd expect that they can easily resolve such an issue but it's actually the opposite.