Register Now
killamch89

Asus Scar 15 Gaming Laptop Review

On 7/29/2021 at 1:38 AM, skyfire said:

Yes and alienware used to have 13 and 15 only models which used to be super expensive and since ASUS and MSI started with 16 and 17 inch models, the dell and alienware seems to have lost the customer base. 

The problem is that Alienware has failed to adopt to the market and is now paying the price as most people who are knowledgeable enough will never buy an Alienware machine.

Alienware was doomed ever since they thought gaming computers should be 13 and 14 inch. They don't realize gamers want bigger screen and so do developers. Forcing people to buy 14 and 13 inch display laptops and calling it gaming is pure scam. 

On 7/31/2021 at 3:39 AM, skyfire said:

Alienware was doomed ever since they thought gaming computers should be 13 and 14 inch. They don't realize gamers want bigger screen and so do developers. Forcing people to buy 14 and 13 inch display laptops and calling it gaming is pure scam. 

It's not just the form factor, it's also the price to performance factor which most of their competitors offer far more appealing deals for WAY less.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:49 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah I feel like cheated when I saw the 14 inch device was priced same as the 17 inch. I mean the value of MSI and ASUS 17 inch for gaming far outweighs those 14 inch laptops which are being thrown on face of consumer. 

The fact that the 14 Inch laptop is so bulky as well is a further insult to injury. I mean they could've made it at least slimmer like the Razer Blade Stealth or other competitors.

On 8/9/2021 at 2:11 AM, skyfire said:

Another thing is that lot of 14 inchs are being sold with "work from home" tag. People who have glasses I wonder don't they feel small screens more or less issue? God knows. 

I recently got a 14" laptop for casual surfing and the screen size is perfectly fine - most people would be able to see anything on the screen clearly.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:00 AM, killamch89 said:

I recently got a 14" laptop for casual surfing and the screen size is perfectly fine - most people would be able to see anything on the screen clearly.

Yeah possible but I am used to 15 inch and higher screen. and so I can't work with small size. 

On 8/18/2021 at 1:38 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah possible but I am used to 15 inch and higher screen. and so I can't work with small size. 

This is my first 14" laptop but it's perfect for being on the go especially when you move around a lot like me.

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

Possible for your use case. For me higher resolution because I am into the design and graphic dev and more resolution the easier it is for us to show small details. 

I'm currently building a gaming PC for that and do plan to buy a brand new gaming laptop so that I can have them to work on the go...